Stuart Mccall's First News Conference As Manager

Stefan Bienkowski@SBienkowski 8m

8 minutes ago

STV understands Stuart McCall will hold his first news conference as Rangers manager this evening at Murray Park http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/313499-new-rangers-manager-in-waiting-stuart-mccall-wants-long-term-stay/

New Rangers manager-in-waiting Stuart McCall wants long-term stay

By Stefan Bienkowski

11 March 2015 21:36 GMT

337071-stuart-mccall.jpg

The former Motherwell manager will be hopeful of a three year deal depending on end-of-season performances.SNS Group

Rangers' manager-in-waiting Stuart McCall wants to make his stay at Ibrox permanent.

STV understands the former Motherwell manager has been offered a deal which will last until the end of the season.

Informal discussions have also taken place between the two parties which could then see McCall land a three-year extension, should he win promotion to the Scottish Premiership.

McCall is expected to officially become Rangers’ 14th manager on Thursday, having talks with the club throughout the day on Wednesday.

He will take over first team operations with Kenny Black, his former number two at Motherwell, coming in as assistant manager.

Current caretaker manager Kenny McDowall is expected to leave the Rangers backroom staff, having overseen first team duties since Ally McCoist was put on gardening leave in December of last year.

McCall spent seven years at Ibrox as a player and made over 194 appearances for the club during its famous nine-in-a-row era.

Beginning his managerial career at former club Bradford City in 2007 for three seasons before leaving through mutual consent.

The 50-year-old then took up a post at Motherwell in 2010 where he guided the club to second place in the Premiership in the last two seasons, winning the Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Year award in the 2012/13 campaign.

McCall is also currently an assistant coach with the Scottish national side and has expressed his desire previously to retain the role when he returned to management.

Stuart McCall has been named as the new manager of Rangers and has met with the players after signing his contract at Murray Park.

Former Ibrox player McCall takes over from Kenny McDowall and faces the immediate challenge of re-energising the team's promotion push.

The new Rangers boss is speaking to the media for the first time and you can watch the full media conference live on this page. It's scheduled to begin at 5pm.

McCall spent seven years at Ibrox as a player and made over 194 appearances for the club during its famous nine-in-a-row era.

Beginning his managerial career at former club Bradford City in 2007 for three seasons before leaving through mutual consent.

The 50-year-old then took up a post at Motherwell in 2010 where he guided the club to second place in the Premiership in the last two seasons, winning the Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Year award in the 2012/13 campaign.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how many times Sky Sports will show him falling off the car without a drop of beer being spilled :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA_bC5rM0-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA_bC5rM0-c

0:36

Edit - No idea why it won't embed in the forum. I've posted loads of youtube videos no problem before.

Edit 2 - Figured it out. I had to click the grey switch at the top left of the full editor and remove the hidden code. Never had to do that before.

i think it would be a bit unfair to let him go if he doesn't get us promoted. of course i want us to go up but i think he should get a shot at next season too no matter what league we're in.

Its hard to judge a manager when he's not had a chance to bring in his own players.

I still think McCall could get this squad of lazy bastards up but will be hard.

We need to get behind him, he's got a mountain to climb and the management team before him have knicked all the climbing gear... Joking aside I think he knows what needs to change and I think that he will get the team back to being hard to beat with a touch of creativity going forward as well....