Walsh Out Of Contract

OzGers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telfer was screwed over by the old board. Surely the Rangers men will not make a similar mistake?

Did our illustrious manager at the time want Telfer or even ask him or the board about a new contract . I think it was another youngster who was deemed not good enough by Ally.

Rangers need to tie him down into a three year contract asap. No need to be offering stupid money deals I think £2k a week should be sufficient for a young lad learning his trade. If he continues to flourish then the contract can be revisited in 18 months.

£2k per week! U kidding that's £500 more than the top earners at Hearts.

He's only played a few games ffs.

Offer him £2k a month that rises to £4k per month one he's played 30 full first team games.

Offer him £2k a month that rises to £4k per month one he's played 30 full first team games.

To then see a club from down south trump our offer and take him for nothing. This is the eternal problem we have and will have with any decent emerging talent. We can only hope that he is happy with whatever is offered and doesn't get a mind blowing offer elsewhere.

Luckily he has only played 2 games and scouts may not have noticed him yet. So if he is out of contract in May it's imperative we get him tied down asap.

To then see a club from down south trump our offer and take him for nothing. This is the eternal problem we have and will have with any decent emerging talent. We can only hope that he is happy with whatever is offered and doesn't get a mind blowing offer elsewhere.

Luckily he has only played 2 games and scouts may not have noticed him yet. So if he is out of contract in May it's imperative we get him tied down asap.

Well let's hope he realises that he's going to get games under McCall.

If he ends up another Telfer I'm getting the pitchfork sharpened.

even offer him a clause that says if he has not played x amount of 1st team games next season he is free to leave...that way hopefully avoids future Telfer situations

A family friend has a son who plays for an English championship side who are in with a great chance of promotion this season.

He is the same age as Tom Walsh and has been involved in the Scotland youth set up with him.

I know for a fact that he is on less than a fifth of the £2k a week mentioned in the post.

As far as the scouts go, they are all over these boys, especially when they are involved at international level, there is nothing that other big clubs won't know about Tom Walsh.

It will be down to Rangers and how much of a part they see him playing in the clubs future and of course to Tom himself, maybe he won't want to stay.

I'm led to believe he is not a Rangers supporter, this could perhaps have an impact on his decision.

Good luck to him, whatever he chooses.

A family friend has a son who plays for an English championship side who are in with a great chance of promotion this season.

He is the same age as Tom Walsh and has been involved in the Scotland youth set up with him.

I know for a fact that he is on less than a fifth of the £2k a week mentioned in the post.

As far as the scouts go, they are all over these boys, especially when they are involved at international level, there is nothing that other big clubs won't know about Tom Walsh.

It will be down to Rangers and how much of a part they see him playing in the clubs future and of course to Tom himself, maybe he won't want to stay.

I'm led to believe he is not a Rangers supporter, this could perhaps have an impact on his decision.

I seem to remember something about him being Liverpudlian through his family. Not sure how true that is.

I seem to remember something about him being Liverpudlian through his family. Not sure how true that is.

Interesting bud. And given your "involvement" in football a lot of that makes perfect sense.

Bottom line is the player wanting to stay or go. If we do a Telfer we will lose him but if he is to be in integral part of our team it may sway him in to staying for a few more years.

Interesting bud. And given your "involvement" in football a lot of that makes perfect sense.

Bottom line is the player wanting to stay or go. If we do a Telfer we will lose him but if he is to be in integral part of our team it may sway him in to staying for a few more years.

Agreed!!