The Strangest Ever Rangers Signings.

Mr RFC

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Tully and Paddy Crerand.

An Old Firm select played Inverness

"SFA regulations of the time required all competing players to be signed to a single member club, so the five Celts selected for the occasion signed for Rangers and re-joined Celtic the following day. (One may ponder 'what if...'had Rangers refused to cancel the contracts thereafter!) Officially speaking, it was a Caley-Rangers friendly, albeit with a radically altered visitors lineup!

The Rangers/Celtic XI, who played in a Rangers strip of white shirts with blue/red hoops and white shorts, was as follows: Beattie (Celtic); King (Rangers), Kennedy (Celtic); Crerand (Celtic), Paterson, Millar (both Rangers); Tully (Celtic), Baird (Rangers), Conway (Celtic), Queen, Hubbard (both Rangers).2

Is that not how septic stole the majority of the early Hibs team...invited them over to Glasgow for a friendly, then kept them.

aye very true, redeemed 3 years of shite with one swing of that right peg

i can still picture rab douglas lying on the ground watching the ball roll out the net thinking " i canny believe bert fucking konterman just done that" :lol:

Like big ugo ehgio (cannae even mind how to spell his name) he will always be remembered fondly for one magnificent moment haha

Prodan wins for me. Signed him for big money (£4m?), injured for about 2 years solid, all the time picking up a huge wage. He finally gets back to full fitness and we release him on a free.

Baffling.

Flo was a pretty bonkers signing.

Top goalscorer, was he not?

Prodan wins for me. Signed him for big money (£4m?), injured for about 2 years solid, all the time picking up a huge wage. He finally gets back to full fitness and we release him on a free.

Baffling.

Wouldn't the insurance company pick up those wages mate?

Baffling.

I seem to remember seeing him on a bike at the side of the Ibrox pitch where he was supposedly close to making his debut then he was injured again

Cunt of a man and was so way before we brought him here.

He was fucking shite and all. Constantly caught out of position and too slow to do anything about it. Just a complete wind up merchant and utter garbage

Felt the same to begin with, ended up liking him at the end. Was garbage in SPL but not bad in Europe.

Apart grom the dross Ally signed. The Danish keeper think we signed him for 2.5 million and only played 10 competetive games in goal before we signed him.I think it was Christianson but a may be way off?

Brian Reid?

That's him, thanks for that, Souness's last signing (according to wiki) 5 seasons with us, 5 games.

Which is better than Paul Reid, signed as a kid by Advocatte for 600,000 and was with us for 3 years and didn't ever play a game .......... sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart grom the dross Ally signed. The Danish keeper think we signed him for 2.5 million and only played 10 competetive games in goal before we signed him.I think it was Christianson but a may be way off?

Jesper Christiansen aye? I'd forgotten all about him. Didn't think we paid that for him right enough.

Jesper Christiansen aye? I'd forgotten all about him. Didn't think we paid that for him right enough.

Thats him! Played about 6 games for us i think in 3 years. Remember at the time thinking it was strange.