Mccall Needs To Focus On Getting Something Out Our Strikers

JWAC

Not long back from the game but as the title says IMO we have a blunt and ineffective strikeforce.

It's been the flaw that's got us into this mess in the first place, Clark just isn't good enough, neither Miller nor Boyd. They don't have good first touches or control and when they shoot, it's powder puff.

I don't think Clark is improving with more first team action either

I'd like to see Vuckic given a shot up front again but I'd hope that McCall is doing extra work with the strikers because they just aren't giving enough.

Vuckic isn't a hold up centre forward and would struggle badly in that position IMO. He is however perfect playing in the hole behind the main striker and helping link up midfield and attack.

Playing people outwith their best position is part of the reason we have failed to progress as a team over the last 3 seasons.

We rarely get quality balls in the box for these guys to finish. I still have high hopes for Clark.

I don't believe that at all. All I see is strikers shooting with very little power, accuracy and guile. At the moment, I don't believe Clark will improve, I really hope he does but he's done nothing to convince me he will, especially seeing he's had much more game time. He does put in a shift but he shows the same lack of clinical finishing the rest of our strikers do.

I guess that's just where we are and the quality we have but I hope McCall can get something out them

Thats a bit unfair on Clark. He took his header well and was unlucky not to get 2 more. Also outdone the Raith defence a few times for pace.

He needs to bulk up slightly though to give him a bit more presence when he comes up against stronger defenders.

Not long back from the game but as the title says IMO we have a blunt and ineffective strikeforce.

It's been the flaw that's got us into this mess in the first place, Clark just isn't good enough, neither Miller nor Boyd. They don't have good first touches or control and when they shoot, it's powder puff.

I don't think Clark is improving with more first team action either

I'd like to see Vuckic given a shot up front again but I'd hope that McCall is doing extra work with the strikers because they just aren't giving enough.

bit harsh on clark he`s just a youngster who needs a good partner ? i remember the stick mccoist took in his first year and he turned out no to bad :P

bit harsh on clark he`s just a youngster who needs a good partner ? i remember the stick mccoist took in his first year and he turned out no to bad :P

I don't think it's harsh, seeing as we're in the championship and there's no other quality strikers in the side.

McCall has done the right thing by giving him game time over Boyd but my point isn't about Clark alone. It's the fact our strikers aren't contributing near enough of what's required

Yes I can't rate Clark too just doesn't have the Strength up there.

We could do with Gallacher in.

I didn't mean to focus on him, I really mean all the 4 recognised strikers. In saying that I don't think he's going to turn into a prolific striker or a decent one atm.

I just hope McCall is working with them to specifically work on finding space and shooting, CG is maybe a good shout seeing as the youngsters we've brought in have done well so far

What about that effort from Boyd just after he came on. To me it sums up his entire attitude. He shouldn't even be on the bench now.

The pass was rolled into him perfectly, he turned it into a pass back,it just aint happening Kris, wheres the guy who was on fire at Killie last season?

Yeah, it's fine to say we don't get enough service to them but I agree they are pretty toothless all round. Some strikers have enough guile to make their own chances or manage to take the chances they do get...

Some of our efforts on goal are embarrassing!

Boyd just hasn't done it, Clark might do a job but he's not there yet, might get better if he has another attacker he's tuned into... Wouldn't have any problems with giving a couple of youngsters lots of minutes in the next couple of weeks

Swear clarkes got 4 in the last 3 or 4 games so he is scoring.. granted hes missed a few chances but Its not like hes getting a ton of chances each game our best striker at the minute.. hoping that hardie will be good but not seen enough of him yet.. boyd is just pathetic tho cant see him getting any better for us and Miller doing ad well as he can really but obviously past it. Cant see big Jon daly fitting in now either but not really Had a look in since mcall took charge so might be worth a chance but need to get 2 in the summer

Clark is a difficult one. I do not rate him simply because he doesn't score enough and really has pace and is highly inconsistent but under McCall his consistency is becoming a tad better as is his goalscoring. Once he starts scoring on average 1 a game or every 2 games only then will he improve.

Our downfall was signing past it players like Miller and Boyd. Boyd has given fuck all this season and Miller gives work rate but that is all. We need at least 2 strikers and Clark and Hardie as back up to those.

What about that effort from Boyd just after he came on. To me it sums up his entire attitude. He shouldn't even be on the bench now.

Vuckic put him through with what should have been an easy goal but he just hit it like a pass back seems to have lost all confidence now.

Miller and Clark work very hard. They drag defenders out of position and this leaves space for the likes of Vuckic to exploit. Miller is an expert at this sort of thing. Having said that, I think Miller's best days are behind him and I have a lot of faith in Clark.

I believe Vuckic would be good up front with Gallacher.

Strength, pace and some Skill ball control.IMO.

Thats what I said in the OP, well at least about Vuckic. We'd have to fill his role on the right though but I think it's worth trying seeing as up front we're fucking dire.

Though nearly all his goals so far have come from the same inside step then left foot shot, I think his better touch would see him and other players get better chances inside the box