Fernando Ricksen : Hard Times

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched this and it was very well put together and emotional. Certainly had me shedding a wee tear, David Tanner narrates it wonderfully well and the interviews with Marc Bommell were interesting. Truly tragic that Fernando is battling this shocking disease..God Love him and the genuine sentiments expressed by ex team mates show how much he was and is respected.

Just watched this and it was very well put together and emotional. Certainly had me shedding a wee tear, David Tanner narrates it wonderfully well and the interviews with Marc Bommell were interesting. Truly tragic that Fernando is battling this shocking disease..God Love him and the genuine sentiments expressed by ex team mates show how much he was and is respected.

It's a cunt of a disease, truly horrible. The only silver lining might be that high-profile sufferers such as Fernando help raise the profile and funding and hopefully help speed up a cure.

It's a cunt of a disease, truly horrible. The only silver lining might be that high-profile sufferers such as Fernando help raise the profile and funding and hopefully help speed up a cure.

Have lost a couple of family members to this, luckily it was an aggressive strain andvthey never lasted long in the state of onlybtheir eyes blinked and nothing else moved. Heartbreaking and it turned me into the belief that the dictors should be able to assist people to die with dignity earlier in their illness.

Do you have to download it on Sky Go?

I wasn't sure whether to watch or not but I'm glad I did.

It was of course hard to watch Fernando suffering such a cruel illness but Fernando's life isn't just about his illness,he's had a great career and has lead a life with some funny moments and some regrets as well.

Well done to Sky on a documentary well done.