Fernando Ricksen : Hard Times

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to watch, really hard. Some of his quotes were as inspirational as you'll find. To say he's happier now than when he was a player. What a man.

On a slight tangent, Fernando, Barry, Boydy, and even Buffel really portrayed Le Guen in a negative light

Couldn't help but draw a lot of similarities with Gazza when some of the stories were being told, would have been interesting if they two were ever in the same team :lol:

Never mind the same team, the same city would be enough.

In the words of Tommy Lee "we're not here for a long time so we should be here for a good time" Fernando has certainly had many good times.

Tommy Lee was of course married to both Heather Locklear & Pamela Anderson so may have had an advantage over most of us.

Just a heads up that it's now available to watch on Sky Go. (tu)

Sad, yet inspiring, with some laughs to boot. It really was a great watch. Thinking back to that game, it was the first time since that day I saw a clip of him falling over, I've been to hundreds of games, but I don't think I've heard a roar as loud as when he got back to his feet.

He's some man. No Surrender Fernando!

As a sidenote Neil McCann spoke brilliantly again, its not hard to see why he became a pundit.

Really like McCann.

He was an excellent winger for us too and sometimes it feels he gets overlooked.

Had this recorded and only got round to watching it today. Had to fight back tears more than once, heartbreaking even watching him trying to speak.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread already but actually have a lot more respect for Kris Boyd now after seeing how angry he still seems after all this time at PLG's handling of that situation and treatment of Ricksen.

I agree with others, it's a ghastly disease. I worked with a man who did his best to come to work and do his job as long as he could though in the end he was defeated. You can't tell what will be affected so you can carry on for years but if your ability to breath is compromised you get an early release.

Hopefully Fernando does not suffer a long lingering degeneration. A great Ranger who entertained us all over and over again.

difficult to watch at times with plenty of happy memories also, the moment when he fell at the tribute game and the crowd just fell silent straight away then broke into a massive roar when he got back up was sad but fantastic at the same time. his old teammates must have some unbelievable stories to tell many that can't be broadcast no doubt, keep fighting Fernando someone has to be the first to beat the illness so let it be you