Opposition Players Applauded At Ibrox

Was reading through the thread on Jimmy Greaves and seen that he was applauded when he scored against us playing for Spurs, got me thinking has there been many opposition players applauded by us after a great piece of skill or a goal? I can recall Lampard getting a warm reception when we played Chelsea in a friendly a few years ago, but what about competitive games?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Ian Ferguson got a good reception when playing for St Midden against us before he signed. Mind you, I think we gubbed them 4-0 so it was not a hardship to give him a wee cheer.

On a more recent note, I clapped Annan off the pitch after they deservedly beat us.

I hated the applauding off of third division teams. I do remember Riquelme's performance. One of the best i've seen in the flesh. Still don't think I applauded him off though.

Fair enough, but I applauded Annan because they won fair and square with a sound performance. We on the other hand, were shit. And that was the game that confirmed for me McCoist was an imposter.

I cringe when exceptional players or teams get booed, I think comes it across as petty.

From what I've seen on television the mythical special,Champions League night atmosphere at the San Giro consists of singing the Liverpool song before the game then booing the opposition.