Kenny Miller, Nicky Clark, Kris Boyd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an issue that needs addressed but one I think we are going to struggle with.

Good strikers with good records cost money I don't think we are going to have to spend and generally speaking strikers with good records don't end up out of contract either.

I think we are going to have to take a chance on a couple of players who have either had problems with injuries or only have a reasonable record elsewhere in the hope that one of them comes good.

See to be fair, for quite a while every single one of our players had been working under a coach who thought it was a good idea to stand at the touchline on the training ground and get his players to try to hit him on the arse with a football from 50 yards.

I hope SM gets the job, and I think we'll see a different side to a lot of these players with a proper pre-season and someone who has a bit of a clue about what he's doing coaching them.

To be fair to the OP, it's not his fault he was lumbered with a name that would create suspicion on here :shifty: but I think the answer to his question is that none of these 3 could cut it in a higher League for different reasons, if we go up.

Welcome to the asylum,young fella :pipe:

It's an issue that needs addressed but one I think we are going to struggle with.

Good strikers with good records cost money I don't think we are going to have to spend and generally speaking strikers with good records don't end up out of contract either.

I think we are going to have to take a chance on a couple of players who have either had problems with injuries or only have a reasonable record elsewhere in the hope that one of them comes good.

Your right, and for me it's a position in which (if at all possible) we must give out youth a chance in. Hardie has looked decent, and with better service from a hopefully bolstered midfield, you could see him maybe make a claim for a start.

At least worth a shot as he's shown more mobility than Boyd and a better touch than Clark.

As for the original question OP; shows you how awful the options are and what a squad we've been left with by McCoist.

Boyd is fat lazy & a disgrace to the jersey, Clark is like his dad piss poor, Kenny Miller always gives 100% but is too old to be our main striker, mccoists legacy means most positions at Ibrox need to be filled for next season.

If the question was simply pick one of the three it would be Miller for the attitude and workrate. Although hopefully there will maybe be a decent free signing along with youth used next season.

Boyd has put in for a transfer to the kitchen at auchenhowie