Who Would You Like To See A Portrait Or Statue Of At Ibrox

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem unable to accept that Ally McCoist's reputation is in tatters. If the Rangers board commissioned a statue of McCoist to be made and placed outside Ibrox how do you think that would go down amongst the support? Personally, I'd be glad such a waste of money was outside the stadium...the statue and the man himself.

I was calling for Allys head for over a year before he was sacked. I know he was a pish manager and ive lost lots of respect for him. But that doesnt change the fact hes our best goalscorer ever. Well done for turning what was meant to be something positive for once into another negative thread

We've already got bags of history and a very poignant statue that is a reminder to us all.

I'm not one for overdoing things when it comes to statues.

We shouldn't rush into these enterprises or we'll end up with large bronze of the "New Pioneers" that we have to quickly shuttle off to the same graveyard as Miliband's headstone.

Comes back to the museum concept for me, why not have everything, statues, paintings, informational talks with Rangers hostorians the list of ideas and possibilities are really endless. Lets use these properties that seem to be passed about like a rugby ball by money men with no idea how to utilise them, to earn some money. How good would it be to go to ibrox a couple of hours earlier or stay later and for an admission fee tour the club museum and feel the glory of our past. Of course I realise that we have stadium tours that doesnt mean you could not intregate these ideas. :pipe:

That way we would be able to have all our hero's remembered with dignity and distinction, anyway am with Jock Wallace, Walter Smith and Davy Cooper for the statues. And like the ops idea of the 9iar picture :thumbup:

when we are back to normal edmiston house has to be made into a museum with portraits of all our managers good or bad,they are all part of our history. statues should be reserved for our founding fathers the people who made this great club possible but in my opinion a museum is a no brainer and a money maker!!!

OP is on another fishing trip asking this of McCoist. Yes he was a very good player for us but he's damaged his reputation considerably and forever by being such a total fuck up as a manager. Do we really want a statue of that guy outside the stadium? Do we need a painting of him on the marble staircase? I don't think we do.

By your estimations then we should remove the statue of John greig from the stadium then? A fantastic player and servant to the club but woefully inadequate as a manager.....sounds an awful lot like McCoist to me.

By your estimations then we should remove the statue of John greig from the stadium then? A fantastic player and servant to the club but woefully inadequate as a manager.....sounds an awful lot like McCoist to me.

John Greig hasn't took the piss out of us financially,he also didn't leave us in the gutter of Scottish Football struggling to get out.

John Greig hasn't took the piss out of us financially,he also didn't leave us in the gutter of Scottish Football struggling to get out.

So are suggesting that greig was not a shambles as a manager? He took a winning side and they stopped winning, he refused to even speak to the clubs best player, Davie Cooper, and ultimately turn the club into a mid table side. I'm not defending mccoist management I'm suggesting that it's time to get past that.

GF who's that mate ?

Mad Rab.

He takes no shite from the taigs and some of his stories have tears running down your face, would take a brave boy to get on the wrong side of him.

Not seen him post much these days though but if there was one bear whod rip Shytes heart out it would be Rab!

And the Club should re-call any videos or DVDs since 1983 so we can cut the goals scored by McCoist out.

Some people want to get a grip, do they just get pissed off every time they have a any memory for the past 30 years? Because McCoist has been part of almost all of our biggest triumphs in that time. Shite manager, great player. Folk get pissed off at any mention of his name which is pathetic.