Who Would You Like To See A Portrait Or Statue Of At Ibrox

Given the shitstorm over the "New Pioneers" painting, who would you guys like to see a portrait or display or statue made of at Ibrox? Or what picture would you like painted? Choose 5 people or images (as in a particular photo or full team pic etc) heres mine.

Brian Laudrup - im 26 so hes probably the best player ive seen play in the flesh at Ibrox

GL193748.jpg

Big Jock Wallace - Probably my favourite ever Rangers man though I wasn't even born during his time, but ive read lots about him, watched loads of videos and heard loads of stories and I can tell the guy was the definition of staunch and epitomised the term Rangers Man, this is my fav pic of him

500px-JockTrophys.jpg

Ally McCoist - My favourite ever player, I know a lot of people hate him but his time as a player cant be ignored, our top scorer and hold plenty of records. This is probably my favourite ever Rangers picture

104-rob-casey.jpg

The Fans - something similar to this pic, the fans are the lifeblood of this Club, we're a dysfunctional bunch but We Are The People

Rangers+v+Zenit+St+Petersburg+UEFA+Cup+F

The 9 In a Row Squad - At 26 if I were to name my 10 all time favourite players all of them would probably be on this squad, Goram, Albertz, Gough, Bjorkland, Durie, McCoist, McCall, Laudrup, Durrant, Gazza, Ferguson, McLaren, Barry Ferguson, Hateley, Moore, Anderson, so many legends in that team, will we ever have a team as good as them again?

WV1-9iar.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those above, no offence.

Arsenal have statues around the Emirates of their greatest ever players and it looks amazing when you walk around it. Adams, Henry etc etc. And the story of their history etched onto the side of the stadium walls telling everyone who visits all about their magnificent history and who their real legends are.

Davie Cooper and our founding fathers should absolutely have statues within the immediate vicinity of the stadium. It's our home, our shrine, our history. Walter Smith is probably the most appropriate modern day icon of the club and should also be honoured in some way.

Shitehalks like McCoist have burned their bridges with the club for me.

OP is on another fishing trip asking this of McCoist. Yes he was a very good player for us but he's damaged his reputation considerably and forever by being such a total fuck up as a manager. Do we really want a statue of that guy outside the stadium? Do we need a painting of him on the marble staircase? I don't think we do.

OP is on another fishing trip asking this of McCoist. Yes he was a very good player for us but he's damaged his reputation considerably and forever by being such a total fuck up as a manager. Do we really want a statue of that guy outside the stadium? Do we need a painting of him on the marble staircase? I don't think we do.

Fuck off you twat.

Jock Wallace

Willie Woodburn

But struggling with more as there are so many worthwhile but for a statue maybe not. People like David Holmes, Davie Cooper, Eric Caldow and Willie Waddell for his playing and managment career plus the regeneration of the stadium after the Ibrox Disaster.

Fuck off you twat.

You seem unable to accept that Ally McCoist's reputation is in tatters. If the Rangers board commissioned a statue of McCoist to be made and placed outside Ibrox how do you think that would go down amongst the support? Personally, I'd be glad such a waste of money was outside the stadium...the statue and the man himself.