My Stand Out Player Of The Night

MisterC

Thought Sheils was ok and is improving but between him and Law they gave away too many balls carelessly. Thought wee Murdoch was a standout terrier and shaded MOTM. Overall the team fought well but need to close down quicker. Well done all.

Shiels had a decent game tonight but was nowhere near MOM. McCall said in post match interview that he pulled out of training yesterday because of sickness so fair play to him for even playing. Thought Zal and Foster were standouts but everyone did their bit. Roll on Saturday

Thought Shiels gave the ball away a few times but to his credit he always makes himself available for a pass no matter how tightly marked he is, which is something we've lacked for years!

Foster and Zaliukas were the two best players for me! If I was pushed Zaliukas!

Thought Shiels gave the ball away a few times but to his credit he always makes himself available for a pass no matter how tightly marked he is, which is something we've lacked for years!

Foster and Zaliukas were the two best players for me! If I was pushed Zaliukas!

I may biased and never tire of singing his praises but I honestly though Shells deserved to be named man of the match. Dean de Boer showed some great touches and was always asking for ball, putting himself about and tracked back well.

He covered every blade og grass, stood up to be counted and even his booking was a case of taking one for team as there was a hibs breakaway on the go.

Well done Deano and keep it up!

Why can't you just put a most like everyone else when it's an opinion on a player .Your must be the biggest attention seeker on here :-)

Shiels was my mom tonight, not by a mile though, and yes he did give the ball away, once or twice, but that was because he was trying to switch the play, and trying more difficult passes.

I don't get all the praise Murdoch is getting, yes he played well for a lad who's come through the ranks, but he's no Barry Ferguson, yet, and he keeps his passing simple. The player who really impressed me tonight, apart from Deano, was Richard Foster. Maybe it's because I think that he's shite, and always seems to pass the buck, instead of accepting the blame, when it was his fault that something happened. But tonight? He was really quite good, for him, that's fantastic, maybe there is a good player in him trying hard to get out?

It was a good performance all round, last night, but it's only half time, and they'll be fired up for the 2nd leg, in front of their own fans.

Foster, Zal,Shiels, Murdoch( second half ) Vuckic and McGregor all had a case for motm but for me possibly Miller just about nicked it for a combination of his work rate, he was popping up all over the park, he also spread the play out well and topped it off with a classy finish and great leap over the advertising boards to celebrate in the Copland stand.

It's astounding just how well players play when they are played in the correct position. Shiels problem under McCoist was that they kept throwing him up front as a striker. It's almost as if they had never seen him or several others they signed play before.