Stuck In Horrendous Traffic To And From Ibrox Last Night?

JWAC

I'm sure many others were in the same boat but haven't seen anything mentioned. I know it sounds a bit drama queen but it was the same on sunday and to be honest starts to put me off travelling (by car anyway)

The m74 last night was chock a block and there was no sign of an accident, we got into the ground with about 35 mins on the clock. Going home we tried to take the M8 but all the slip roads we tried were blocked by roadwork vans. It seemed like chaos everyone trying to find a route home.

I only live in edinburgh but it was 12 when I got home and that's because we battered it home once on the M8.

There were no signs up saying roadworks and nothing on the radio.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than being a sarchy bastard, did you see the bit about all the slip roads we tried being blocked?

I much prefer it when there's only like 25'000 there and it's piss easy to get home.

It was horrendous. I left the house 4:15pm expecting to get there in time to have a pint and some curry and chips. I got the chips, but no pint as it was 6:50pm, or there abouts when I got there, and another 10 minutes trying to find a space to park in.

The M8, is really a just a commuter road these days and is not nearly wide enough, it was slow all the way along the Edinburgh by-pass, sped up for a few minutes, then went back to slow. When I got to that part when it becomes the A8 again, it was stopped loads of times and then sped up until 5 miles pre-Kingston Bridge. I was just lucky and happy to get to the game for the start as there where many late comers that didn't get there in time.

Did you take the m74 home mate? Always guesswork which way we take but we always seem to get it wrong :D

We took the M74 and they were just putting up the final cones up, it was murder as you say going through,5.30 Hermiston gate 7.30 when we got off the m74 and not a cone in sight, could it have been the lack of time for clubs to get busses arranged and more took cars than normal ? Either way it was murder.

I'm sure many others were in the same boat but haven't seen anything mentioned. I know it sounds a bit drama queen but it was the same on sunday and to be honest starts to put me off travelling (by car anyway)

The m74 last night was chock a block and there was no sign of an accident, we got into the ground with about 35 mins on the clock. Going home we tried to take the M8 but all the slip roads we tried were blocked by roadwork vans. It seemed like chaos everyone trying to find a route home.

I only live in edinburgh but it was 12 when I got home and that's because we battered it home once on the M8.

There were no signs up saying roadworks and nothing on the radio.

It's quicker to get to glasgow airport mate (tu)

This. PM KingKirk for the fastest route. (tu)

We took the M74 and they were just putting up the final cones up, it was murder as you say going through,5.30 Hermiston gate 7.30 when we got off the m74 and not a cone in sight, could it have been the lack of time for clubs to get busses arranged and more took cars than normal ? Either way it was murder.

Aye that's a good point, there's been bigger crowds at Ibrox and never seen it like that before.

Aye that's a good point, there's been bigger crowds at Ibrox and never seen it like that before.

Someone said that there was a pop band playing as well last night, but from the drivers around about me, their cars weren't full of teenagers. Easy peasy getting home right enough, once away from the crush near the ground, I felt like Lewis Hamilton, vroom, vroom.

Join a supporters bus and get so steaming (in the pub of course) that you don't have a fucking clue what's going - problem solved.

Seriously, the football used to be a social event - that side of it is slowly dying.

Join a supporters bus and get so steaming (in the pub of course) that you don't have a fucking clue what's going - problem solved.

Seriously, the football used to be a social event - that side of it is slowly dying.

Aye I know, it's been in the back of my mind for a while. I haven't been on a supporters bus in years but the ones in edinburgh depart at daft times as they do pickups all round lothian.

The traffic was pretty bad to be honest, I wasn't late for the game mind you. The way home an S Club 7 gig had just came out the Hydro which added to the traffic and then one of the main slip roads on to the M8 was closed, so had to go round Great Western Road and join that way

The M74 was slow moving going westwards before the game but it was moving. The off ramp at Scotland street was backing up due to the installation of a cycle lane on Scotland St to be used by the one guy on a bike from the south side. The traffic backed up from Shields Road causing all the traffic to log jam. That is likely to be a permanent nuisance from now on. After the game the M74 east.south bound was backing up due to roadworks where it was down to one lane. I thought I'd be smart and go home via M8 but the on ramp at Charing Cross was off and the diversion took you to the next ramp which was off whereby the diversion took you to the next again which was off. In fact 4 on ramps were closed at the same time. It took me an hour longer to get home to Uddingston. I could have walked it. I phoned to complain and a supervisor apologised as he said they should not have closed all the on ramps at once, it was supposed to be one at a time. Someone will get a rollicking.

The M74 was slow moving going westwards before the game but it was moving. The off ramp at Scotland street was backing up due to the installation of a cycle lane on Scotland St to be used by the one guy on a bike from the south side. The traffic backed up from Shields Road causing all the traffic to log jam. That is likely to be a permanent nuisance from now on. After the game the M74 east.south bound was backing up due to roadworks where it was down to one lane. I thought I'd be smart and go home via M8 but the on ramp at Charing Cross was off and the diversion took you to the next ramp which was off whereby the diversion took you to the next again which was off. In fact 4 on ramps were closed at the same time. It took me an hour longer to get home to Uddingston. I could have walked it. I phoned to complain and a supervisor apologised as he said they should not have closed all the on ramps at once, it was supposed to be one at a time. Someone will get a rollicking.

A rollicking ? They will be on a bonus for every upset fan that calls more like.:mad:

The traffic was pretty bad to be honest, I wasn't late for the game mind you. The way home an S Club 7 gig had just came out the Hydro which added to the traffic and then one of the main slip roads on to the M8 was closed, so had to go round Great Western Road and join that way

S Club 7 have reformed!?

Yep, that's the same shite we saw re charing x etc, we didn't know how to get back on the m8. My mate was driving last night and he knows the back roads better, fek knows where we went but eventually got back on.

The council should be taken to task about not providing better signage or traffic alerts.

edit: being paranoid but we were joking on the way home this is likely how GCC get their kicks