Stuck In Horrendous Traffic To And From Ibrox Last Night?

JWAC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's the same shite we saw re charing x etc, we didn't know how to get back on the m8. My mate was driving last night and he knows the back roads better, fek knows where we went but eventually got back on.

The council should be taken to task about not providing better signage or traffic alerts.

If I'd known the ramps were off I'd have used the back roads as well but by the time I'd got caught up in the logjam it was too late.

Post of the year

Easily amused or this forum doesn't have many comedians..

Either way, the bears caught up in that nonsense last night are probably stauncher and more devoted than those who weren't or weren't at the game :unsure:

:mutley:

Easily amused or this forum doesn't have many comedians..

Either way, the bears caught up in that nonsense last night are probably stauncher and more devoted than those who weren't or weren't at the game :unsure:

:mutley:

Took me 45 mins just to get out the Albion car park, just like the good old days. Your post is funny too though.

Took me 45 mins just to get out the Albion car park, just like the good old days. Your post is funny too though.

You do realise this is nothing to do with the traffic around Ibrox though don't you? It's normal stuck in traffic around the area after a game

FWIW, we tried to get into the albion but we were all being turned away as it was ticket only at that point

If I'd known the ramps were off I'd have used the back roads as well but by the time I'd got caught up in the logjam it was too late.

I'm going to complain to the council too JCD. Like I say I'm being paranoid but it doesn't take a genius to realise there was a big game on last night, so why close the M8 at that time and why were there no warnings or diversions put in place?

Bearing in mind what you said about the supervisor saying they shouldn't have closed all the slip roads at the same time.

I'm going to complain to the council too JCD. Like I say I'm being paranoid but it doesn't take a genius to realise there was a big game on last night, so why close the M8 at that time and why were there no warnings or diversions put in place?

Bearing in mind what you said about the supervisor saying they shouldn't have closed all the slip roads at the same time.

This is the company responsible for it. Not the council.

http://scotlandtranserv.co.uk/contact-scotland-transerv/

It was horrendous. I left the house 4:15pm expecting to get there in time to have a pint and some curry and chips. I got the chips, but no pint as it was 6:50pm, or there abouts when I got there, and another 10 minutes trying to find a space to park in.

The M8, is really a just a commuter road these days and is not nearly wide enough, it was slow all the way along the Edinburgh by-pass, sped up for a few minutes, then went back to slow. When I got to that part when it becomes the A8 again, it was stopped loads of times and then sped up until 5 miles pre-Kingston Bridge. I was just lucky and happy to get to the game for the start as there where many late comers that didn't get there in time.

FFS sounds horrendous, I left Liverpool at 4pm and was parking up at 7pm, where were you coming from? M74 is always busy, best coming off at Jct 2 or 3 and going round the back streets. Felt sorry for those queuing up to collect tickets, queue was a good 100yds long.

I got back to Edinburgh around about 11:20. But thats a good 15/20 mins or so later then normal after a midweek game.

How the feck did you manage that? Did you go past the science centre? We went via the clyde tunnel

FFS sounds horrendous, I left Liverpool at 4pm and was parking up at 7pm, where were you coming from? M74 is always busy, best coming off at Jct 2 or 3 and going round the back streets. Felt sorry for those queuing up to collect tickets, queue was a good 100yds long.

Queue was bigger than that a thought a went to pick up tickets seen the size of it so just went and bought another 2 for me and the boy

How the feck did you manage that? Did you go past the science centre? We went via the clyde tunnel

Where do you normally park if your coming from Edinburgh? I do to and last season one of my mates told me to come off the M8 onto the M74 and park behind Bellahouston Academy on Hazelwood Road and walk over the bridge to the ground. Ever since I've done that I've cut at least half an hour off my journey.

Yep, that's the same shite we saw re charing x etc, we didn't know how to get back on the m8. My mate was driving last night and he knows the back roads better, fek knows where we went but eventually got back on.

The council should be taken to task about not providing better signage or traffic alerts.

edit: being paranoid but we were joking on the way home this is likely how GCC get their kicks

It was a nightmare yesterday. I missed the first 15mins and also took about an extra hour to get home to Falkirk. All the on ramps I came to were blocked.

I actually thought the same as you regards GCC. The amount of times when we were playing in europe before where they would be shutting lanes seemed a lot.

They should shut off the lanes etc after 12 when there is a big game on.

Where do you normally park if your coming from Edinburgh? I do to and last season one of my mates told me to come off the M8 onto the M74 and park behind Bellahouston Academy on Hazelwood Road and walk over the bridge to the ground. Ever since I've done that I've cut at least half an hour off my journey.

Nowadays we try and park about the area behind woodville street where all the trackies ask you for parking money. When I used to go through with my brother in law he'd always do bellahouston till his car got tanned.

I'm thinking the same thing now but you can't get straight onto the m8 from drumbreck anymore

Join a supporters bus and get so steaming (in the pub of course) that you don't have a fucking clue what's going - problem solved.

Seriously, the football used to be a social event - that side of it is slowly dying.

Me and my 4 year old got the supporters bus in for the QOTS game at the weekend. The game finished and i carried her back to the bus to make sure we got there in reasonable time. The fucking bus had already left so we had to walk it to the Exhibition Centre Station. There were engineering works on the line and a couple of trains were cancelled. We had to phone someone and beg for a lift but the closest place they knew how to get to was Ibrox so i had to carry my wee one all the way back to the stadium in the pissing rain.

Managed to avoid the traffic by going threw the clyde tunnel and onto the m8 at Anderston.Only for the wifes car to throw the drive belt at the fruitmarket :( .Eventually got home at 2 am .....

Me and my 4 year old got the supporters bus in for the QOTS game at the weekend. The game finished and i carried her back to the bus to make sure we got there in reasonable time. The fucking bus had already left so we had to walk it to the Exhibition Centre Station. There were engineering works on the line and a couple of trains were cancelled. We had to phone someone and beg for a lift but the closest place they knew how to get to was Ibrox so i had to carry my wee one all the way back to the stadium in the pissing rain.

Sorry to hear that, I'd be having a word with whoever runs the bus in that case!

Well that makes my moans a piece of shite compared to that. If there was anyway i could have helped I would have mate..

I'm an IT guy by trade, maybe this is something that could be turned into an "app". How to help a bear get to/from the game