Sky Tv In Pubs

I'm not sure if this is allowed over here tbh.

A local pub started advertising Rangers and celt*c home matches live on Saturday afternoons a couple of years back, was on Al Jazeera if IIRC.

It stopped pretty sharp.

Breach of copyright or something along those lines, SKY own the rights and by broadcasting it through other means I believe that is an apparent breach.

If your pub is a closed shop then go for the android box, just need to watch out for cunts grassing you up.

Not sure what the follow up to this was, but she won in 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054

Instead of using Sky, on which it costs £700 a month to see Premier League matches, she used the Greek TV station Nova, which has the rights to screen the games in Greece, and which cost her £800 a year.

I'm not sure if this is allowed over here tbh.

A local pub started advertising Rangers and celt*c home matches live on Saturday afternoons a couple of years back, was on Al Jazeera if IIRC.

It stopped pretty sharp.

Breach of copyright or something along those lines, SKY own the rights and by broadcasting it through other means I believe that is an apparent breach.

If your pub is a closed shop then go for the android box, just need to watch out for cunts grassing you up.

It is indeed a breach...its sky pictures doesn't matter were and what channel your watching those pics on.

There is a system we use in the pubs I will find out what its called, they are that confdent that its legal im sure their contract it says they take full responsibility. I cant remeber their name off hand but with them willing to take any fines we went with it in a couple of our shops.

Think sky won a case over displaying their trademark without permission after the woman down south won hers, this is why the sky logo is now nearer the center of the screen as you used to be able to hit wide screen and it disappeared from view, not now though.

There is a system we use in the pubs I will find out what its called, they are that confdent that its legal im sure their contract it says they take full responsibility. I cant remeber their name off hand but with them willing to take any fines we went with it in a couple of our shops.

Think sky won a case over displaying their trademark without permission after the woman down south won hers, this is why the sky logo is now nearer the center of the screen as you used to be able to hit wide screen and it disappeared from view, not now though.

There was a pub in Edinburgh who put a bit of sticky tape over the sky logo on the TV ????

There was a pub in Edinburgh who put a bit of sticky tape over the sky logo on the TV

Thats why sky moved their logo to near the center and further down the screen. There is an Irish system you can get but dont know much about it, it being dodgy and from Ireland the money could be going anywhere.

Get Skygo from someone who has sky then hook it up to the TV via a laptop.

Just don't be near a neighbour who has Sky on the TV or on the radio? You will hear Goal, Goal! 40 seconds in advance in real time v SkyGo which is streamed. I am using my BT sports on IPhone through Apple TV on my big screen tomorrow as at my caravan. Still has same delay as streamed. Better than nothing though.