Cammy Bell

bluenoz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wages would have been huge which would have meant 2 keepers on big wages.

Half the forum would be waiting outside Ibrox with the pitchforks if we signed him.

He was a risk and the tims took the gamble and sadly it's paid off.

I remember the thread where he was linked with us and most people weren't happy with it.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=268800

I just sat through the goals for the first time since I was at the game last night.

Can't blame him for the first, but Bell was terrible for the second and third. McManus's header had virtually no power, and he just stood about. He really should have narrowed the gap on the third. Well may have cut it across but at least we had two bodies to try and intercept it.

Completely agree and he does tend to be beaten very easily in situations like the third goal.He does not dominate his box at all,does not seem to communicate and his choice and result of his distribution is terrible.

He has to get a hand to either goal 2 or 3, especially the last one. Goram & Klos were big time keepers who saved our bacon when we needed it most. Bell is mediocre at best and not good enough for me.

Mediocre? you are being too kind.

How come every other keeper seems to have a load of saves and ours doesn`t. We have been shite all season so our keepers will face more shots than normal Rangers keepers of the past. So how come he makes very few saves in the season. You now expect him to be nowhere near any cross ball, You expect any one on one to go in the back of the net. Why does he show no emotion to losing goals. Goram etc would be going off their head with the goals we lose.

The difference is that the defence in front of the keeper is usually competent. Make no mistake about it, a keeper needs to be able to be the last line of defence and in Sunday at hibs bell performed very well, the goal they scored was excellent. Having a good defence makes a whole lot of difference, goram and klos had strong defenders in front of them. Bell is a decent keeper.

He is what he is because we are where we are, to compare him to two of the best keepers the club ever had is ridiculous.

would never consider comparing him to Goram or Klos mate. I just think he never makes the big save when we need it the most despite playing against players equal to his calibre.

Why does everyone say 'decent shot stopper' is it just something someone said and it's caught on? I personally think he's a liability, poor distribution, stays on his line constantly, doesn't command his area or his defence. Poor keeper really who is only our number one because of where we are. Would be an average back up keeper a few years back

would never consider comparing him to Goram or Klos mate. I just think he never makes the big save when we need it the most despite playing against players equal to his calibre.

I know mate, but there's a difference in class in every position, the goalkeeper is no different.

Why does everyone say 'decent shot stopper' is it just something someone said and it's caught on? I personally think he's a liability, poor distribution, stays on his line constantly, doesn't command his area or his defence. Poor keeper really who is only our number one because of where we are. Would be an average back up keeper a few years back

It usually mean pish at crosses or rooted to the line.

There have been very few keepers in the lower leagues playing against us that have looked worse than our goalie, standing rooted to your line at corners when the ball arrives head height 6 yards out is baffling.

Doesnt have the natural instinct to get down and save low shots, something good keepers need.

A player who would've been realistic for us would have been Adam Federici. Left Reading on a free for Bournemouth.

Doesnt have the natural instinct to get down and save low shots, something good keepers need.

A player who would've been realistic for us would have been Adam Federici. Left Reading on a free for Bournemouth.

I think Arsenal fans hold him in high regard, as well.....