We'll Still Go Up Sunday

GOAT

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will still win the tie. Stupid mistakes and not getting a break of the ball all night didnt help our cause but the goal at the end gave us a life line.

Putting pressure on McManus is key, i dont think he won a single header against Boyd. Granted Jig is a liability at CB but he will cause them all sorts of problems at set plays and i fancy him for a goal.

One positive was Murdoch again, the wee man is such a grafter and he showed a more physical side to his game tonight. Thought Walsh done well when he came on and brought some much needed pace into the team, would give him a start on Sunday.

well we can`t play as bad again. It depends if we keep launching high balls to Nicky Clark who`s beside their giant centre halfs.( compared to him ).

Why don`t we play it on the deck. It just reminded me of Ally`s shite football.

Don't see it.

Defence is rotten and likely to concede.

Midfielders can't boss a game and hide once the opposition stick a boot or two in.

Strikers are too busy running about like headless chickens miscontrolling balls everywhere.

They had an excellent chance for 4-0 and fluffed it, thought that might be an important moment at the time and we scored soon after. Can't see them playing so well on Sunday or us being so crap. Pressure now all on them, we don't need to panic from the start, they will sit back and contain. We need the first goal and then they will bottle it.

An early goal , and you never know.

Tbh I thought Motherwell's passing was superb tonight. Where we ran about like blue arsed flies , they used the ball a lot more intelligently to do the work . I suppose that comes with playing a higher standard of opposition week in , week out.

What gives me hope though , is we seem to have them rattled in the last 20 , If we can start the return that way , and maintain it , we can panic them. We've nothing to lose , so have to go for the jugular from the start.

The first goal was critical tonight. I thought we looked out on our feet after the recent demanding schedule and to have to chase the game was just too much to ask. Only losing by two goals is a bonus though and we have at least a chance. Stuart's got to take a chance, rotate his squad and bring in fresh legs for us to do anything IMO.