Mccall's Post Match Interview

I do think McCall totally fucked it and I don't want him to get the job, but they weren't his players and the majority of blame lies elsewhere. At least he got us there which I doubt the past two Managers would have. But today we needed quality, not luck. It really was horrendous how poorly we played on such a big day.

Attempting to rely on our defence, whilst using Boyd as some sort of target man with high balls and long throw ins was just unbelievable. The first ten minutes set the tone.

Hugely uninspiring and frustrating that we never gave it a go. That's my main gripe.

Too be fair to McCall, he was on a hiding you nothing. He was brought in far to late to have any real chance to effectively change things. The one thing you will get from him is honesty. He gets the job and we will win the division and at least 2 cups.

I think it was a pretty fair assessment.

As well as saying they had lady luck he also said we probably weren't good enough, we lacked that bit of quality and for a spell in the 1st game Motherwell played well. I think he was right.

There is such a fine line between success and failure, and, at times, luck certainly plays it's part. If Law scores in the first game, if they don't score their deflected goals, if Clark scored and got it to 1-1 straight away, if Boyd scored, if Miller scored, if we got a penalty, so on and so forth. There's always so many ifs buts and maybes, and one bit of luck CAN changed the whole game.

Regardless of luck though, and I don't think luck was on our side, the sad thing is, we simply weren't good enough, and that hurts.....

He seems a little bit deluded tbh.

Saying the first goal was down to the deflection but no mention of what the fuck Bell was trying to do.

Saying he wasn't brought in to get promotion just improve things. The main aim of this season was always promotion regardless of the route.

Saying we've turned up in big games i.e v Hearts and Hibs. Well today (& Thursday) were the biggest of them all Stuart and we were nowhere to be seen.

Do Rangers managers live in some sort of bubble where they can't see what everyone else sees?

Can only piss with the cock you got. He inherited a team low on confidence, stuck in the dark ages of training and playing. We can moan about the team he picked but come on- he never brought any of these players.

Mccoist has caused this by his scattergun approach to signing players, signing old has beens that had accomplished nothing whilst spending big bucks on wages. I'd give McCall a full season and we'd win this league next year

I'm as gutted as anycunt and I honestly can't see McCall getting the position, but i don't think the blame lies completely at his door. He has fucking shitebags bought by someone else, and shitebags is all he had to pick from so as embarrassing as the last two games have been I think he can look himself in the mirror and say he done all he could.

He seems a little bit deluded tbh.

Saying the first goal was down to the deflection but no mention of what the fuck Bell was trying to do.

Saying he wasn't brought in to get promotion just improve things. The main aim of this season was always promotion regardless of the route.

Saying we've turned up in big games i.e v Hearts and Hibs. Well today (& Thursday) were the biggest of them all Stuart and we were nowhere to be seen.

Do Rangers managers live in some sort of bubble where they can't see what everyone else sees?

The reason he mentioned the deflection was to remove the blame from bell who he dropped robinson for to play

His first but not last bollock

Not convincing me there .Proud that he took it to final day ???? Going up wasn't his remit ??? Have to say ,he looks desperate which tells me he isn't getting the job .

I was convinced he would get it .Still might but I want someone who can have the balls to say when something is just unacceptable

And Rangers not going up was unacceptable for any Rangers fan.

I have no doubt whatsoever that had Walter Smith been the manager for this period of time we would at least have seen a Rangers team trying a damn sight harder and being better organised than the one we saw against Motherwell in the last 2 games. I do recall WS gave an interview before McCall took the job and he did not give an outright unequivocal 'No'. It left me wondering if the Board - the King Board remember - actually asked him if he would consider stepping in to the end of the season. If they didn't they should have.

I have no doubt whatsoever that had Walter Smith been the manager for this period of time we would at least have seen a Rangers team trying a damn sight harder and being better organised than the one we saw against Motherwell in the last 2 games. I do recall WS gave an interview before McCall took the job and he did not give an outright unequivocal 'No'. It left me wondering if the Board - the King Board remember - actually asked him if he would consider stepping in to the end of the season. If they didn't they should have.

In my own opinion if Walter had come in he'd have got us up. You make a point of saying the King board but lets not forget the old board was happy to go with an assistant as manager.