Worryingly, Next Season Will Be Harder To Promote

Think about it, this season we had a team that was together for a year barring 3 or 4 bodies, hearts had just come out of administration and had a rookie gaffer and a team of boys that our U20's beat in a cup final, hibs released what? 17 players last summer and rebuilt with again another rookie manager

next season we'll have a relegated st mirren team who will all likely have nearly the same squad barring some ins and outs, and a more settled hibs structure who will know the league and will already have spotted potential signings for the championship

meanwhile we dont have a gaffer, dont know if we'll have any money, and have 11 players out of contract

next season might actually be worse if we dont get a move on this week

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't argue with any of that.

A clear out or build on what we have

King wanted the gig he better perform

Build on what exactly?

It's time for a clear out and the nature of the replacements will depend on King and any other potential investors. Without that it will be fans funding wages again and buying players on free transfers. Nothing wrong with that if you can find the right ones.

Last season - most of - we had a manager who couldn’t manage his way out of a paper bag. King can pull a lot of doubters, me included, back onside if we can get a decent manager with freedom and finance to build a new young and hungry team instead of journeymen plodders.

11 or so shite players gone freeing up funds for a new manager to revitalise.

Herts did it easily enough.

Better chance this season with a squad of new players than we did this season with the dud and his costly mercenaries or the feartie bunneted no 2 who didnt want the gig.

We will still outspend all others in our league next season - absolutely no excuses for not winning league.

It's impossible to say for sure until we see who comes in as Manager, and in the playing staff. We still have the advantage of being Rangers, and will get players that others can't in this league- we could have the best team in the league come August.

I can see the points made by OP. I think Hearts were exceptional in Championship this year. I don't see anyone being as good as that this year. Hibs are shattered too. They blew their chance against us in a season where we were disadvantaged with so many issues. I don't know about St Mirren but they had a shocking season with results and personnel.

It may be every bit as hard though with Falkirk QOS in the mix too. It is as big a job as ever, so we need to improve big time. Lets get at it.

I think the analysis could be correct. A root and branch rebuild even if a Manager is appointed tomorrow and with the now increased weight of expectation for next season is an order much taller than this time last season. A very much taller order. Missing out this season when there was a squad of allegedly top-flight quality player available is a failure of huge importance and may potentially be a very significant black milestone for more than a few seasons to come.

Last year we had Murray and King pissing on the Ibrox tent from the outside agitating to get in. Recommending Supporters not to buy ST, and cheerleading the boycott period. Well they have the helm how. No competition. They have the power and the responsibility. What will they make of it. What is the message to be? What action will they be taking? Their period of grace from the EGM has run out. They may not face any opposition to control the Boardroom (who now would want it anyway?) So who will hold them to account? Shareholders can't since shareholder value is wrecked - the Board having seen to it that they did way too little to retain AIM listing. The press? Maybe to a mild extent but when they come to think about it Rangers is really yesterday's news. Why would they be interested in a mediocre team who are also rans in the Championship even if they do have a big support? The Support? How exactly? Another boycott if the Board does not deliver and the team does not deliver throughout the front part of next season?

A huge responsibility rests on the shoulders of the Board. Huge. Do they have the vision, determination, resources, ability to take Rangers back to the top? Do they have the leadership for football and financial matters to do this? Do they? I for one am still waiting to see. Right now though, and entirely depending on who is brought in to Manage the team and entirely depending on what players are there for the start of the season, it seems to me to be quite possible that we could be talking about more than one season to build a promotion winning team. It's up to the Board to now do the rithe right things at the right time every time and not just talk about doing it. Leadership is what this used to be called. But leadership from South Africa with 4 visits a year for board meetings doesn't cut it with me. That't just playing at Boardrooms. The stakes are way higher than that.

I think we need deep cleaning right from the top. It's clear McCall has more tactical nous than McCoist and had the players in better shape within a couple of weeks. However, I just don't see him as being able to take us further. Some of his selections and substitutions have baffled me, and us shipping 6 to a poor Motherwell team has me wondering if he realy has

That whole first team can pretty much be dispensed with without much thought. Most will say keep Wallace...possibly could agree with that, but he's flattered to deceive in the last couple of games. Vuckic could do us a right turn next season in this league, if he can get fit. Looking at that team today though, I really couldn't say any of them made a case for keeping them.

Other than that, I think it's time for a new boss & new first team. Hopefully (if we do get one) the next gaffer can have a decent look at the youth players and see who can do a job for us. Murdoch doesn't look like he can really impose himself in a game at the next level yet, but he has to be given more time. Walsh looks different class and has that bit of talent that can turn a game. Gallacher too, why he hasn't had a shout fuck only knows. There are good players there though.

Next couple of weeks are vital. We have to act fast to get things sorted at the top and work our way down. We also have to try & get good players on affordable contracts too.

SFA are said to be having a new league shake-up during the closed season It's been said that 20 teams will be in the top their

The SFA can't decide the league structure, but for shits and giggles can you elaborate as to where you heard this?