Mccoist's Train Wreck

UnionMen

Yesterday the chapter finally ended. I guess it's fitting that te HMRC, BTC & insolvency all took place under McCoists tenure. May as well have gotten all that out the way while we had the worst ever "manager" at the helm, would have been harder to take if it all happened during Smith's successes.

Thanks to Stuart McCall, clearly not the man and tactically inept, but he showed up in his paramedic's uniform and did his best to save our season, but proved near impossible. All the best.

Mr Brightside Loyal... I was keen on getting that record of winning every trophy available, we know have the chance to rebuild, to win the Championship & challenge cup.

Yesterday for me closed the chapter on the worst period of our history that I can remember, It was the final act of McCoist's tragedy, and also the worst season I can possibly remember, fuckin miserable. Next season, we'll have new players, new management and have a new regime, tomorrow is a new day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have been binned after the Raith game last season when it was obvious to all but the blind that we were heading for disaster. Would we have matched Hearts?- who's to say, but at least a replacement would have had a chance to build a squad with time to gel.

Time to throw off the shackles of those disastrous years and progress as a team as well as in league status.

Should have been binned after the Raith game last season when it was obvious to all but the blind that we were heading for disaster. Would we have matched Hearts?- who's to say, but at least a replacement would have had a chance to build a squad with time to gel.

Time to throw off the shackles of those disastrous years and progress as a team as well as in league status.

The aftermath of Karaoke Gate to me was the point where I started to really hate McCoist.

Ally and his team of duds have almost gone(only a few left to get rid of) but it is a shame so much money and hope were burned away by him and his duds.

This is a new beginning less money but some hope is left. the board have a big job to do in picking the right man to turn Rangers back in to a winning team.

losing to malmo had me wanting him chased out of govan

I salute you sir. He was a disaster from day 1. My day of reckoning was the Annan defeat in the third division, but if I am honest I always knew we were on a wing and a prayer with McCoist.

Cheeky chappie does not equal football manager.

Losing to Maribor in Europe was the catalyst for all our troubles Whyte could not then pay off Ticketus, did not pay HMRC who refused our CVA but accepted Hearts and Berie Ecclestons at Formula 1 although they did not do CVAs??? .......placed into admin into liquidation taken over by a Duff and Phelps preferred bidder in Green and being demoted by jealous chairmen to the 4th tier.

Also losing a13 point lead over popcorn teeth he should have went then....and blaming Green in saying he should be able to win a domestic trophy as being pressure in losing a cup tie and having the audacity to earn 2k a DAY for nothing at least he won't be getting a bonus thankfully.

Karaoke nights when they lost a Mickey Mouse cup final etc etc ........if he ever steps foot back into Ibrox I would not go back.

Anyone remember his empty wallet gesture at his testimonial match?

Yesterday the chapter finally ended. I guess it's fitting that te HMRC, BTC & insolvency all took place under McCoists tenure. May as well have gotten all that out the way while we had the worst ever "manager" at the helm, would have been harder to take if it all happened during Smith's successes.

Thanks to Stuart McCall, clearly not the man and tactically inept, but he showed up in his paramedic's uniform and did his best to save our season, but proved near impossible. All the best.

Mr Brightside Loyal... I was keen on getting that record of winning every trophy available, we know have the chance to rebuild, to win the Championship & challenge cup.

Yesterday for me closed the chapter on the worst period of our history that I can remember, It was the final act of McCoist's tragedy, and also the worst season I can possibly remember, fuckin miserable. Next season, we'll have new players, new management and have a new regime, tomorrow is a new day.

McCall was even less successful than McCoist while shipping more goals and scoring less. It's amazing how many see what they want to see.

McCall was even less successful than McCoist while shipping more goals and scoring less. It's amazing how many see what they want to see.

McCall knew how to beat Hearts and Hibs.... Can't believe people will read into Ally's record before McCall.

McCall had some structure and we played like a football side. Never the less he wasn't successful, but he's a manager with proven success. McCoist is a former player and a Question of Sport TV personality.

McCall had some structure and we played like a football side. Never the less he wasn't successful, but he's a manager with proven success. McCoist is a former player and a Question of Sport TV personality.

Stuart also had less time in which to sort out a demoralised, disorganised mess of a squad. There is also the fact that results were already taking a nose-dive under McCoist - hence I find the stats comparison to be highly dubious.

Stuart also had less time in which to sort out a demoralised, disorganised mess of a squad. There is also the fact that results were already taking a nose-dive under McCoist - hence I find the stats comparison to be highly dubious.

McCall had 17 games and got 7 wins. McCoist' last 17 games got 12 wins, including beating two premier league teams.

I agree the promotion of McDowall demoralised the squad and made us a mess. It was going to be difficult for anyone, but not impossible.

McCoist was shite no one is debating that. Ignoring the blatantly obvious is just bitter pettiness though.

According to McCall one of his skills is getting tje best out of his players. He knew what he was getting into when he took the gig in March. To fail to win 10 games out of 17 as Rangers manager is fucking abominable.

Aye cos McCall had to work with the utter dross that mcsalary himself signed, the stats are also misleading as fatty was managing in the bottom tiers of Scottish football unlike McCall so your argument is a nonsense

He knew what he was getting into when he took the gig in March. To fail to win 10 games out of 17 as Rangers manager is fucking abominable.

you know, some of us have been using that argument with regards to king and his lack of any successes so far

quite funny reading that actually

btw i agree about mccall, all 3 gaffers this season have been fucking abysmal

Aye cos McCall had to work with the utter dross that mcsalary himself signed, the stats are also misleading as fatty was managing in the bottom tiers of Scottish football unlike McCall so your argument is a nonsense

The stats are from just this season. Why else are they nonsense?