Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

I would hope we are looking further a field than just the British Isles tbh. Nobody on the list of names excites me tbh or fills me with much confidence that we'll get the attacking attractive football we desire. There must be a good up and coming coach in Europe wanting to make a name for himself. This is a massive decision and I would like the board to be looking all over Europe. Feels like a bit of closed mindedness with the names that are linked. This is a massive chance for a coach to come in rebuild a squad and take us to the Champions League and have their name known in Europe.

Interview with Warburton on Sportsound tonight about us.

Can just imagine the bile being spouted by the fannies on there to him during his interview. Hitting out with we are a new club, our fans have a sectarian problem, we cheated, dodged the tax man blah, blah, blah. All there wee horrible negative questions and stories about us. Horrible bastards the lot of them!

I would hope we are looking further a field than just the British Isles tbh. Nobody on the list of names excites me tbh or fills me with much confidence that we'll get the attacking attractive football we desire. There must be a good up and coming coach in Europe wanting to make a name for himself. This is a massive decision and I would like the board to be looking all over Europe. Feels like a bit of closed mindedness with the names that are linked. This is a massive chance for a coach to come in rebuild a squad and take us to the Champions League and have their name known in Europe.

Really like the idea of a foreign manager coming in with a full new outlook, shake things up top to bottom. But can't help think of PLG and how unprepared he was. The new manager has 8 weeks to recruit and get the squad ready. I think a foreign manager would struggle to understand our game and have a squad prepared come August.

Really like the idea of a foreign manager coming in with a full new outlook, shake things up top to bottom. But can't help think of PLG and how unprepared he was. The new manager has 8 weeks to recruit and get the squad ready. I think a foreign manager would struggle to understand our game and have a squad prepared come August.

Maybe have an ex player as coach or assitant manager?

Maybe have an ex player as coach or assitant manager?

That would be the way I'd go. Have someone in his ear advising on what players would suit. Don't want another Karl Svensson in defence getting battered every week.

Mark Warburton and David Weir hold 'informal' talks with Rangers

Former Brentford boss Mark Warburton has confirmed that he has held talks about the manager's job at Rangers, one of a number of clubs he has spoken to.

"We've had an informal meeting," the 52-year-old told BBC Scotland.

"It's important to see if there's a chemistry, the parties get on and your football philosophies are aligned."

Warburton and assistant David Weir, the former Rangers captain, are believed to be on a list of possible candidates along with current boss Stuart McCall.

The former Enfield and Boreham Wood defender said he was "flattered" to be considered, given "the history of the club and the global fan base".

"Any job that myself and Davie Weir would look at would be about going in, having a project and being able to add value," he said.

"But I'm sure a club like Rangers has got a big search process under way.

"I'd like to think we have shown the attributes required to do a good job at a football club.

"Whoever comes in must appreciate the size of the task in terms of the history of the club and where they have to be.

"This is not just about steadying; this is about making significant progress in a designated period of time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32972187

You only give interviews like that if you're ruling yourself out. Not if you want the job.

Need to look elsewhere McCall had his chance and failed miserably.

It didn't sound like he was ruling himself out.