Gasparotto Signs New Contract

pcbear

A friend of mine who is an airdie fan couldn't believe he wasn't a getting a game for us. He won their young player of the year and was apparently unplayable at times during their season. Most importantly, he was a consistent performer, according to a few reports.

I think it's a tad strange to give him a new contract now without consultation with the new manager. He's at an age where he needs to start playing regular 1st team football and if he's not in the new managers plans then it seems pointless to waste any more money on him. I'd have held off even a week or so longer providing he wasn't close to signing for someone else.

I've only really seem him play once and that was in the recent cup final where we got pumped. Can't say I was too impressed but to be fair the whole team were poor that night.

Of course that was only one game so I can't just judged him on that. We all have bad days at the office. I'm also fully aware of the plaudits and awards he's received at Airdrie and at international level so hopefully there is a player there and he can enhance the team.

Do you think he's good enough to make the step up?

I do. As long as he has someone beside him who is more experienced and can help him find his feet in the first team he'll be fine. He's had a season of first team football, where he impressed, and now needs to kick on and regularly feature here. Adding an extra year to his deal suggests he is rated by whoever is left at the club and hopefully the new guy will see it too.

I watched him for the first time in the Youth Cup Final the other week, let's just say I hope he was having an off day and that's not his average performance as he was absolutely murder.

I watched him for the first time in the Youth Cup Final the other week, let's just say I hope he was having an off day and that's not his average performance as he was absolutely murder.

He was and it isn't. There's a reason he won two player of the year awards at Airdrie.

I do. As long as he has someone beside him who is more experienced and can help him find his feet in the first team he'll be fine. He's had a season of first team football, where he impressed, and now needs to kick on and regularly feature here. Adding an extra year to his deal suggests he is rated by whoever is left at the club and hopefully the new guy will see it too.

Also worth considering if warburton and weir come in that warburton favours young hungry players and who better than weir to help the kid develop as a centre half.