First Signings

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking over Brentford's squad- do we think it's likely any of their players would be affordable/willing to come to Rangers? Getting McLeod back would be something

There was a video in the Warburton thread that was one of the Brentford podcasts / talkshow things. Anyway, the hosts of the show basically said that a lot of Brentford players would probably love to come to Ibrox and play under Warburton.

The player wants the move aswell so that could have an impact also.

Yeah that'd change the situation if he started acting up, which I don't actually like to see. But who knows, especially if other Clubs are sniffing about.

Vuckic is a one trick pony who was easy enough for Motherwell to nullify from the game.

Ciftci although talented, is a nightmare... biting players? Constantly being brought up by the compliance officer (although successfully appealing). I'd rather we didn't.

I'd take Allan though and I think we can do better than Wilson.

Just had a quick look through this thread, overall I'm happy to have the names which have been thrown about, Allan, Vuckic, Wilson and MacLeod but i wouldn't really want to take Ciftci. I just don't rate him plus it seems although he has a bit of an attitude problem

Don't think he's been released..?

Rangers Boost as Newcastle Get Set to Release Haris Vuckic

MAY 31ST, 2015 TBTEMP FOOTBALL, RANGERS 0 COMMENTS

Rangers have been given a boost ahead of their Premiership play-off final second-leg against Motherwell today with Newcastle expected to release Haris Vuckic this summer.

The Slovenian has spent the last six months at Ibrox after signing as part of a five-man loan deal between the clubs.

Vuckic signed alongside Gael Bigirimana, Shane Ferguson, Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete in a controversial move as Mike Ashley strengthened his grip on the Scottish club at the time.

But the attacker is the only player to make an impact this season becoming a fans favourite and integral part of Stuart McCalls team.

Supporters had been hopeful of seeing a deal done for Vuckic, who has scored nine goals for Gers this term.

But the way Ashley was forced out of power at Ibrox and the players wages may have caused a problem.

According to the Evening Chronicles Mark Douglas Newcastle will let Vuckic go along with Bigirimana and Ferguson as part of a post-season overhaul of the squad:

Despite a re-organising of the Academy there arent many that will be able to make the next step and of those who might, United will send Adam Armstrong out on loan after seeing him stagnate this season.

Shane Ferguson, Haris Vuckic and Gael Bigirimana will also be free to leave and Newcastle have released Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor as part of a cull of first-teamers.

Newcastle admitted to making mistakes and know that they need to reclaim momentum.

Rangers Boost as Newcastle Get Set to Release Haris Vuckic

MAY 31ST, 2015 TBTEMP FOOTBALL, RANGERS 0 COMMENTS

Rangers have been given a boost ahead of their Premiership play-off final second-leg against Motherwell today with Newcastle expected to release Haris Vuckic this summer.

The Slovenian has spent the last six months at Ibrox after signing as part of a five-man loan deal between the clubs.

Vuckic signed alongside Gael Bigirimana, Shane Ferguson, Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete in a controversial move as Mike Ashley strengthened his grip on the Scottish club at the time.

But the attacker is the only player to make an impact this season becoming a fans favourite and integral part of Stuart McCalls team.

Supporters had been hopeful of seeing a deal done for Vuckic, who has scored nine goals for Gers this term.

But the way Ashley was forced out of power at Ibrox and the players wages may have caused a problem.

According to the Evening Chronicles Mark Douglas Newcastle will let Vuckic go along with Bigirimana and Ferguson as part of a post-season overhaul of the squad:

Despite a re-organising of the Academy there arent many that will be able to make the next step and of those who might, United will send Adam Armstrong out on loan after seeing him stagnate this season.

Shane Ferguson, Haris Vuckic and Gael Bigirimana will also be free to leave and Newcastle have released Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor as part of a cull of first-teamers.

Newcastle admitted to making mistakes and know that they need to reclaim momentum.

Didn't see that one myself mate. If its on a free then that would be great for us in my opinion.

I would be very surprised if Warburton buys in Scotland. He knows the English market much better.

According to Football manager (Yes its a game but its incredible accurate.) Warburton knows a fair bit about the American and Northern Irish leagues.