First Signings

Just a guess?

I have to say i heard he was signing weeks ago but seen no movement.

Well an educated guess shall we say ha ha, like yourself I've heard lots of things suggesting it's a done deal, but until these things become official I'll admit it's just a guess lol.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mark will have his own targets, having had a good look at whats available in the championship and league one, that after all is probably a better standard than the targets mentioned in the OP are playing, they would struggle at championship level and far too parochial sounding.

My guess is that he has a list already sorted so he can hit the ground running. Stuart Dallas is a good example of the sort of players he has found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3026663/Loan-star-Stuart-Dallas-hailed-Mark-Warburton-productive-spell-Northampton-leads-Brentford-success.html

I'd not be surprised if there are a number of signings that won't be on anyone's radar right now.

What worries me about McGregor is the Schoolboy defending at times, hands all over every player, and great for 80% of the game he then switches off.

Any ball coming straight at McGregor he wins any coming from cross balls he lets the man in between him to score.

Spot-on..

He's a dreadful defender...

Bin him..

Would be delighted if Stuart Dallas was signed up, looked a real talent in a few of these vids.

I think warburtons extensive knowledge of these lower English leagues, a few contacts at Liverpool with Rodgers, weir with Everton, I expect there will be some young hidden gems getting signed up these next few weeks. Hopefully on long term deals, possibly a few on loan.

Exciting times, can't wait to get the season under way :21:

Go and get Telfer back from utd along with macleod and Murdoch what a midfield 3 that would be

Quite weak Murdoch against Motherwell was shown up for his lack of strength and was pushed off the ball like a wee boy, Macleods never fit and couldn't hold down his position, Telfer never made the grade at Rangers.

We should move forward not back.

Quite weak Murdoch against Motherwell was shown up for his lack of strength and was pushed off the ball like a wee boy, Macleods never fit and couldn't hold down his position, Telfer never made the grade at Rangers.

Although in that Motherwell game he showed another side when he started to carry the ball and drive forward at their back four, I was impressed by that side of his game, he is always pushed off the ball easily but im sure he will be put on an upper body building training course which will help.

What worries me about McGregor is the Schoolboy defending at times, hands all over every player, and great for 80% of the game he then switches off.

Any ball coming straight at McGregor he wins any coming from cross balls he lets the man in between him to score.

This,a terrible ch partnership,Wilson is shite lost 9 goals to the vermin last season with him at ch,and hopeless against us in the 2 each game

A lot of players would be reluctant to leave the English championship for the Scottish championship.

Agreed but if there some released players or bargains then I'd expect Mark to know all about them, especially younger players.

Most of the Scottish based players mentioned in this thread are a wish list of players we would like brought in, but I'd think mark will have his own ideas.

Although in that Motherwell game he showed another side when he started to carry the ball and drive forward at their back four, I was impressed by that side of his game, he is always pushed off the ball easily but im sure he will be put on an upper body building training course which will help.

I think he will be no more than a sub this year to be honest as will Walsh till they find their feet but they both have talent, so both could make it in the right system.

This,a terrible ch partnership,Wilson is shite lost 9 goals to the vermin last season with him at ch,and hopeless against us in the 2 each game

Yeah, it was celtic v Wilson. 11 v 1. It was all his fault they scored 9 goals.

Appreciate that theres probably been a couple of threads regarding transfers but thought this deserved one of its own as it's as good as a done deal.

Hearing that the first few signings we will make will be Scott Allan, Vuckic and Nadir Ciftci.

Apparently these have already been agreed in principal and we are waiting to announce our manager appointment officially before we announce any player deals.

Transfer fee's involved for all players which is a good signal of intent from the board. Onwards and upwards!

So these first 3 signings are far from being done deals?

Couldn't give a shit if we get Allan and Ciftci or not, I think they're decent players and would improve us but not exactly marquee signings so if Warburton can find other players of similar or higher standard I'd rather not put our money in the hands of clubs I hate.
We tend to bandy the same few names around quite a bit but we'd need to pay top dollar to get both of them due to who we'd be dealing with and I'm hoping Warburton has better players in mind or others of a similar standard that we can get cheaper.

We should move forward not back.

Telfer never made the grade? Seriously? I thought to make the grade you had to have a run of games, not 20 minutes as a sub.

For me Priority signing should be a first choice keeper

Admittedly Bell has been shocking since returning from injury, and is definitely suffering from a lack of confidence. That aside I think there is a decent keeper in there if he can get himself focused and build his confidence up throughout preseason, plus the fact he's likely to have a much better defence in front of him next season in hopeful he will be ok

Shane Ferguson and Nadir Ciftci would be good signings.

I think Vuckic is a luxury player who vanishes when the going gets tough. We can't really afford to have guys like this in the team.

I'm not sure what Shane Ferguson did in his two games to impress people. Perhaps he would be better when in game shape but Walsh looks a far better wide man to me.