Rob Kiernan

Panos Pavlakis ‏@PanosInAsia

Guys, it's football business,agreement was reached with all related parties, medical took place but Club has now withdrawn its interest

The above is what the Birmingham director actually said. It's open to interpretation if he actually meant the medical was the problem. Maybe being a little clever with language since the player pulled out to speak to us?

Doesn't read like a failed medical to me ~ if he wants to come here it can only be good news (tu)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not the box office signing some people were hoping for but we have a big rebuilding job ahead of us and we are going to sign a number of players. As a starting point I'm happy with this deal.

A player who's best years are ahead of him, is well known by the manager, can play the style of football he wants and isn't costing a lot of money.

There's not really a lot you can complain about.

He's a cheap championship gem. He's better than what we have and what we had, and I've seen him play. Hell I've probably sat with him at the DW over the years.

He's a cheap championship gem. He's better than what we have and what we had, and I've seen him play. Hell I've probably sat with him at the DW over the years.

If he's managed to hold down a place in a mid table championship team then he's easily good enough to play for us when you look at where we are at the moment.

For years we've talked about moving towards trying to find players who might be less well know but prove to be better value for money and as soon as it looks like we are about to sign somebody who fits that criteria we start getting some discontented moaning. :lol:

He wasn't fit, had no kind of form, and was simply thrown in to our team at the last minute. Even so, I found his pace and direct running to be exciting and we've been needing a player like that. I looked at Newcastle and other forums he's been to and seem him described him as hard working and tenacious. He obvioulsy does have an end product because he takes corners and free-kicks. Warbuton wanted young players who will add to the value of the squad on and off the pitch and Ferguson fits that description. He's a young guy with EPL and international experience and we shouldn't just dismiss that. Newcastle are willing to let him go and I'd like to see us take a chance on him.

You're strangely obsessed with him. Bet you've got posters of him up in your room haven't you.

You're strangely obsessed with him. Bet you've got posters of him up in your room haven't you.

Somone else brought him up a few pages ago in response to something I said. I'm simply explaining why I think he's worth a punt.

If he's managed to hold down a place in a mid table championship team then he's easily good enough to play for us when you look at where we are at the moment.

For years we've talked about moving towards trying to find players who might be less well know but prove to be better value for money and as soon as it looks like we are about to sign somebody who fits that criteria we start getting some discontented moaning. :lol:

Like I've said it was baffling Wigan let him go, and they paid for it. Abysmal run club last year.

To someone like me who watches championship football and who watches Wigan in particular, there's really nothing wrong with the signing. To others, he's not a big name and so they don't quite like the sound of him so far. I never suggested because I thought it was unrealistic but he's an ideal signing for everything Warbuton is discussing, so too is Waghorn and I wish we'd take him too.

He wasn't fit, had no kind of form, and was simply thrown in to our team at the last minute. Even so, I found his pace and direct running to be exciting and we've been needing a player like that. I looked at Newcastle and other forums he's been to and seem him described him as hard working and tenacious. He obvioulsy does have an end product because he takes corners and free-kicks. Warbuton wanted young players who will add to the value of the squad on and off the pitch and Ferguson fits that description. He's a young guy with EPL and international experience and we shouldn't just dismiss that. Newcastle are willing to let him go and I'd like to see us take a chance on him.

Fair points (tu) Woukd be interesting to know what Warburton thinks about him, perhaps from the remaining guys in the changing room.

I really like how Warbuton isn't hanging around either. One day in the job and he's already making things happen.

This is a real sign of intent and I'm delighted at how quickly he is acting!

He's taking this job extremely seriously and he knows what has to be done.

One of the problems we had in the past few years was the fact that most of our signings were well known players, made it easier for our opponents to deal with. A few unknown quantities like Kiernan could be a good thing.

No sure. I know we need a squad but I was hoping Gasparatto would break through this year.

If Gasparatto and any other youngster for that matter is good enough they will break through regardless of who else is in the squad.

For £200k and the recommendation from MW, someone who actually knows the player and sees his potential, plus a load of praise from other clubs' fans, I think we can fairly say we have got a bargain.

Others have come to us, known names in the game, with headline type reputations and cost us a pretty penny (In relation to where we were) and failed to impress.

I have to say I know nothing about this player, but our new manager certainly does by all accounts, so I will go along with his choices and feel good that he will build us a team worth watching and cheering to victory.

:uk:

Like I've said it was baffling Wigan let him go, and they paid for it. Abysmal run club last year.

To someone like me who watches championship football and who watches Wigan in particular, there's really nothing wrong with the signing. To others, he's not a big name and so they don't quite like the sound of him so far. I never suggested because I thought it was unrealistic but he's an ideal signing for everything Warbuton is discussing, so too is Waghorn and I wish we'd take him too.

The reality of our circumstance is that we're going to need to pluck a few hidden gems out, probably from this sort of level.

My misgiving would be around the number of places he's already been - there's usually a reason for that, and it isn't usually good!

Have you heard what he's been like around the club, while he was there?

If Gasparatto and any other youngster for that matter is good enough they will break through regardless of who else is in the squad.

Aye,that's what Warbs (can i call him that ;) ) said, thay'll get their chance but they HAVE to be good enough.

The reality of our circumstance is that we're going to need to pluck a few hidden gems out, probably from this sort of level.

My misgiving would be around the number of places he's already been - there's usually a reason for that, and it isn't usually good!

Have you heard what he's been like around the club, while he was there?

Well he never a bad account for himself anyway. Seems a model pro who likes his football. His reasoning for loans was first team football as Martinez saw him as a player who could develop, but he wasn't ready for a survival fight with Wigan. Played well in first season in the championship before stupidly being loaned out last year but when he was he was very comfortable.

He's been praised by just about every manager at Wigan anyway, and I like him too. Always would rather he played than Caldwell at the time, Rosler couldn't see that, and he got his punishment for that!

Congratulations to the board for digging deep and backing Warbs to the tune of 200k. I'm not sure we should be blowing so much of our warchest on the one player, no matter how good he is. It's great knowing we beat so many other clubs to his signature.

The kids already seen more clubs than Arnold Palmer and might also be injured. He could be our next Michael Ball or Sebastian Rosenthal.

But, Look out Celtic, here we come. :peanut:

you'd best post as much of this shyte as possible because by this time next week you will have nothing to complain about