What Happened To Ibrox Refurb?

bunter

Can't see nothing about it in Bears Den, the Facebook page has vanished & Google & twitter also has nothing past end of March. Has it been shelved or what??

The refurbishing of the stadium isn't the top priority at the moment. Let's get the team built and all the other important parts of the footballing side done first, then the board can turn their attention to the refurbishing.

It's not the top priority no, but close season is a valuable opportunity for all those who had volunteered their services to get in and get some work done. The fans aren't rebuilding the team, but they could be rebuilding the stadium.

1. Not the top priority just now

2. Things take time.

3. There will have to be a survey of existing facilities and their condition carried out

4. Decisions on whether we want to refurb or perhaps alter facilities will have to be made.

5. These will have to be costed and then procured.

6. The works will have to be programmed appropriately. Some may be able to be completed during the season others may have to wait till next close season.

7. The works may be phased over a number of years for financial reasons.

Wasn't this (the fans volunteering) shelved due to health and safety reasons?

Theres no valid health and safety reason but perhaps it was insurance (public, EL or buildings) due to the volunteering aspect although I'm sure there could have been a work round on this.

It's not the top priority no, but close season is a valuable opportunity for all those who had volunteered their services to get in and get some work done. The fans aren't rebuilding the team, but they could be rebuilding the stadium.

If I remember correctly, bunter, that idea was discarded due to Insurance concerns for the workers involved. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong,but as far as I know it's still the case.