Three Years Late But Looking Good

SteveJ

I am not going to dwell on those who berated many posters on here for wanting fresh ideas and people on the board who has a Rangers background, rather than city wankers hungry for money. This thread is for the coaching and playing side.

When we were pumped down to the bottom tier, the Rangers fans were as close to being united as one when we wanted the manager to build from youth and add experience in key areas. We all cried for a style to be created that will build a winning side capable of competing in the top flight. We wanted a sensible approach on spending. Well it looks like we have it - three years late.

Dave King admitted that some managers bolted when we failed to make the top flight and you know something - good fucking riddance to the glory hunters. I honestly feel that Mark and Davie want to instill a style on our play and they want to give the fans entertaining football. Had we been in the SPFL Premiership next season, we can only wonder who would have got the hot seat but one thing is for certain - they would have had to buy for the title and not for the future - so with that, I am happy to have seen Warburton get the job.

A further year in the Championship to allow a young management team to build what we all wanted to see years ago? I'll take that!

Warburton speaks well and I've always liked Davie Weir, till he came to us i never really realised what a great defender he was.

I think they will do a good job for us but it wont be easy and we will have to be patient at first as the team gels and gets better throughout the season..

We'd clearly be in a better position as a club in the top flight, I don't think Warburton being manager changes that, he may have been the one chosen anyway.

However we are where we are and we have to move forward from here

Care to qualify that statement? The purse strings might have loosened to create a bigger budget but we would find it much harder to settle a young squad capable of challenging in that league.

Care to qualify that statement? The purse strings might have loosened to create a bigger budget but we would find it much harder to settle a young squad capable of challenging in that league.

I think it's simply basic logic that we'd be a step further ahead than we are now, I see the points you're making but I never really bought into the idea that we'd be better off spending another year in this league.

That's not to say we should dwell on it, the fact is our rebuilding starts in the Championship

I think it's simply basic logic that we'd be a step further ahead than we are now, I see the points you're making but I never really bought into the idea that we'd be better off spending another year in this league.

That's not to say we should dwell on it, the fact is our rebuilding starts in the Championship

Yes, sorry I get you now.

My point in this thread was not to say that I am glad we failed to achieve promotion but as AlBear says - it is bitter sweet and we now have the opportunity to do in one year, what Ally could/should have done over three.

Just remember though, talk is cheap. Lets reserve judgement to see what the product on the park is like.

That said, im excited to see what happens and there is a sense of a new era being heralded in.

Exactly mate .Get the optimism but how is it looking good .We are miles and miles away with one new young player signed .Cool the jets some of yeez ffs :-)

We'd clearly be in a better position as a club in the top flight, I don't think Warburton being manager changes that, he may have been the one chosen anyway.

However we are where we are and we have to move forward from here

Exactly.

Yes we have a bit more leeway in the Championship , but I've no doubt Warburton would have been good enough for a Euro spot had we been promoted last season.

I'd much rather be in the championship with MW & DW and the players they will bring in than be in the SPFL with the squad we were left with and playing like we did in the last two games of the season. We would be getting embarrassed on a regular basis. Time for the new broom.

Folk trying to say another year in this shitehole of a league isn't a bad thing do my box in.

It's a bad thing right enough but let's make the best of it because I honestly believe for Murdoch, Walsh and Hardie it's genuinely a good thing. I also think it will give W&W some breathing space too.

The proof is in the pudding. We demand winning football, attractive football is good, but at Rangers it should and always will be secondary. There is a buzz of excitement on here that hasn't been here in a long time. For me, there is also a sense of realism of how far back we have gone. The players we are being linked with may be good, but I would be lying to say that I'm thrilled with excitement at some of the names being mentioned. I will give MW my full support in the hope that he can deliver winning football.