Willie Henderson Gets Torn Into Mccoist

There are still honourable managers out there who quit and walk with nothing but their integrity. McCoinst and McDowell were in the paper all the time moaning but things weren't so unbearable for them to quit.

I'd love to see a bar chart of where all the money went. You can be sure the bar next to the fat man's name would be among the largest and it's still growing.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a young pup (late 80's we're talking here) a friend of the family worked for David Murray and used to get me the odd trip to Ibrox to get shown around and meet the players, see the blue room etc. I maybe only got to go 2-3 times but I'll always remember Mark Walters turning up early, wearing a suit, being super friendly, signing all the footballs for charity......same with Chris Woods.

McCoist was late, rude, dressed like a fud, complaining about having to sign all the footballs and didn't really talk to us at all. It may have only been a couple of times but it always coloured my opinion of him.

If you have family you will know the Maxim. If you lend money to family, you rarely get it back.lol!

The Family thesis is nice but football is a business. As Mr Zimmerman says "money does not talk, it swears".

I don't criticize your opinion,as it is feasible. I am stating the facts.

If everyone else who took from Rangers over the years handed the overpaid amounts back, we could build a fine team. AM is due his money.....fact. Tims will still say we cheated with EBT's to win titles. Legally, we did not so those are the facts.

Nobody can tell AM to do things with his earnings that he pays tax on. It is a Tabloid concept and angle to highlight that he gets paid for doing "nothing". The fact is that this was always a possible outcome. The same as some poor manager gets "sacked" and is paid the remainder of his contract for "doing nothing". This is football business and employment law.

Deal with the facts.

If you have family you will know the Maxim. If you lend money to family, you rarely get it back.lol!

The Family thesis is nice but football is a business. As Mr Zimmerman says "money does not talk, it swears".

I don't criticize your opinion,as it is feasible. I am stating the facts.

If everyone else who took from Rangers over the years handed the overpaid amounts back, we could build a fine team. AM is due his money.....fact. Tims will still say we cheated with EBT's to win titles. Legally, we did not so those are the facts.

Nobody can tell AM to do things with his earnings that he pays tax on. It is a Tabloid concept and angle to highlight that he gets paid for doing "nothing". The fact is that this was always a possible outcome. The same as some poor manager gets "sacked" and is paid the remainder of his contract for "doing nothing". This is football business and employment law.

Deal with the facts.

That's all fine and well.

McCoist isn't a Rangers man and certainly isn't a member of the Rangers family anymore.

Spiv leech.

When I was a young pup (late 80's we're talking here) a friend of the family worked for David Murray and used to get me the odd trip to Ibrox to get shown around and meet the players, see the blue room etc. I maybe only got to go 2-3 times but I'll always remember Mark Walters turning up early, wearing a suit, being super friendly, signing all the footballs for charity......same with Chris Woods.

McCoist was late, rude, dressed like a fud, complaining about having to sign all the footballs and didn't really talk to us at all. It may have only been a couple of times but it always coloured my opinion of him.

s780_Cool_Starry_Bra.jpg

Mccoist was a legend as a player.

He was our worst Manager and for him to hold out for every penny of his contract is sickening, Unfortunately I can see Mccoist being remembered for this more than his playing days.

It's not unfortunate at all. It's what he deserves

From Ibrox Noise:

Willie Henderson urges McCoist to 'give something back'

Rangers’ legend Willie Henderson today condemned former manager Ally McCoist in the first public criticism by anyone connected to Rangers of the ex-boss’s “Gardening Leave” status.
Henderson, who spent 12 years at Ibrox in the 60s and 70s, was blunt in chastising McCoist’s refusal to resign and insistence on taking the remainder of his wage.

He said:
“This Club’s been very good to you, Ally, you’ve earned a huge amount of money out of it. I think it would be nice for the fans if they saw Ally give just a wee bit back to the Club. I think it would augur well for himself.”
McCoist has already rejected chairman Dave King’s request that he waive his salary, and appears quite content to wait the remainder out.
Unfortunately for Ally, few support him in this and now the former legendary striker appears to have permanently sullied his legacy and will be remembered for greed and not goals.
Posted by Ibrox Noise at 22:25

I remember meeting Willie outside Ibrox just after Hearts beat us in last season's opener. He was livid with Ally. Mentioned his lack of discipline within that squad. He was absolutely right. As he is here. All McCoist is doing now is damaging his own reputation. Which has already taken a severe dent during his stint as manager.

Ally McCoist's first priority is to his family not a football club, not even if that Football Club is Glasgow Rangers, not one of us on here know absolutely anything about his peraonal wealth and how he is doing financially - people who earn a lot of money have a far more expensive lifestyle, that lifestyle wouldnt automatically change if the money stopped rolling in, bills dont just stop, Ally may be rich beyond our wildest dreams or he might be a bit daft with his cash, the point being no-one knows so to expect him to just stop taking the best monthly wage he's likely ever earned and will never earn again is unrealistic and a bit pie in the sky wishful thinking.

Six months ago McCoist knew he'd be unemployed in a year with no money coming in, whose to say he isn't using this last year of his best ever contract to be paying off his mortgage, paying off debts etc...

I think its time to stop and I think it was a tad unclassy from Wullie Henderson to say such a thing in public

None of this means we should have to carry him.

I think best thing now is just to ignore him. Don't give him the attention he craves. A new dawn is beginning at our great club. We don't need to forever dwell on past failures.

Lets all get behind the new man and his new team and encourage him to do the job we expect from a Rangers manager.

None of this means we should have to carry him.

being under contract does mean we're expected to pay him! its easy to criticise, he was utterly useless as a manager and underserving of such a role anyway in my opinion but he got the gig and the contract, his obligation is to his family first and foremost

I'd bet 99% of this forum at the very least wouldn't be quick to give up what is essentially free money for a year, he'll never get a gig as well paid as this again and I'd question anyone who can say without doubt that they'd not keep their contract if they were in the same position.

I wouldn't be ripping up a contract for what is esentially free money and I'd find it disingenuous if anyone said they would

Was Ally vastly overpaid? Absolutely, was he a good manager? Absolutely Not, Should McCoist put a Football Club before his family? Hell No

being under contract does mean we're expected to pay him! its easy to criticise, he was utterly useless as a manager and underserving of such a role anyway in my opinion but he got the gig and the contract, his obligation is to his family first and foremost

I'd bet 99% of this forum at the very least wouldn't be quick to give up what is essentially free money for a year, he'll never get a gig as well paid as this again and I'd question anyone who can say without doubt that they'd not keep their contract if they were in the same position.

I wouldn't be ripping up a contract for what is esentially free money and I'd find it disingenuous if anyone said they would

Was Ally vastly overpaid? Absolutely, was he a good manager? Absolutely Not, Should McCoist put a Football Club before his family? Hell No

He's a cunt

I remember meeting Willie outside Ibrox just after Hearts beat us in last season's opener. He was livid with Ally. Mentioned his lack of discipline within that squad. He was absolutely right. As he is here. All McCoist is doing now is damaging his own reputation. Which has already taken a severe dent during his stint as manager.

The truth is Ally only lasted as long as he did because the club was in absolute turmoil and he's still filling his pockets because of that ... a sad end to a legend

This a wind up?