A Goalkeeper?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say a goal scorer is a higher priority right now.

I don't rate Cammy, but he'll have a new look defence in front of him so see how he does this season. He's fine for this season, IMO, but I'd want us bringing in a quality number 1 for next season.

I don't rate Cammy, but he'll have a new look defence in front of him so see how he does this season. He's fine for this season, IMO, but I'd want us bringing in a quality number 1 for next season.

I think the Fir Park game showed we need a keeper whether or not the defence is improved.

The goal he gave away killed any chance we had to comeback and was frankly not even amateur standard keeping.

He panics and flaps far too often as was sadly evident that day

I know many are under the impression that we should go out and find a new starting eleven but it ain't going to happen. Many of the players from last season are still here earning wages and they'll feature next season. We need a RB, a striker, a defensive midfielder, etc. Goalkeeper isn't a priority positon.

Fair enough.

Depending on how he does in the next few months, I may be making another one of these threads near the January window :D

I doubt he'll make a decision on a goalkeeper until he sees Cammy in training.

The positions he has earmarked early on are the ones where we're very short in. I expect a striker or a winger in next. Outwith Eustace that is.

I know many are under the impression that we should go out and find a new starting eleven but it ain't going to happen. Many of the players from last season are still here earning wages and they'll feature next season. We need a RB, a striker, a defensive midfielder, etc. Goalkeeper isn't a priority positon.

The fact we only have one means it is. We'd be as well signing one capable of challenging for the starting spot!!

I didn't say he was good enough, I said he was adequate. There are currently higher priorities.

Cammy Bell didn't cost us promotion, not by a long shot (or looping cross ;))

Super optimist that I am I still thought we would get a goal and they would bottle it until he done that though.

Cammy Bell isn't the reason we finished the season in 3rd spot. The entire team was shite and so was the manager up until McCall. I'd like to think we'll go up automatically this year and wont be involved in playoff games. Couldn't care less about the cups they're just a bonus.

New keeper is definitely a priority imo, we only have one at the club and he isn't good enough. Yes we'll have a new defence but opposition will at least get a chance or two and I've no confidence that Bell is up to it.

A new keeper imo is the last position I'd worry about we need some wingers and a 20+ a season goalscorer should be next priority

A top class keeper is worth his weight in gold and points as has been proved many times.

You can be totally outplayed and walk away with a win you never ever deserved with that type of keeper

Scoring goals never guarantees even a point, saving them does

Any word of us being linked with a new keeper?

Considering we are strengthening at the back, I'd hate to see it all undone by sticking with Bell

Not seen us linked with any yet but wouldn't read too much into that. None of us knew anything of the Kiernan deal until a bid was accepted so I'd imagine there is still work being done behind the scenes.

With simonsen and Lee robertson away, a goalkeeper should be on the list of potential signings regardless of cammy bell staying in goals or not, Jamie McDonald signed for killie after having a not to bad season at falkirk, he would have been an ok signing for us

Cammy Bell isn't the reason we finished the season in 3rd spot. The entire team was shite and so was the manager up until McCall.

This.

Although that was a fucking shocker at Fir Park we were utterly brutal at Ibrox the week before and pretty much every other game before.

I'd like a new keeps, but I don't think he's top priority. A DM in front of a lively CB pairing will do for starters, now let's get some threat of our own.

Super optimist that I am I still thought we would get a goal and they would bottle it until he done that though.

We could have played all day and not scored, it was an awful mistake from Cammy. However it was not only his fault.

As I said we have higher priorities, if there is a good option on a free for low wages then fair enough. Cammy can be replaced next close season if required.

With simonsen and Lee robertson away, a goalkeeper should be on the list of potential signings regardless of cammy bell staying in goals or not, Jamie McDonald signed for killie after having a not to bad season at falkirk, he would have been an ok signing for us

Jamie McDonald is a poor keeper.....that would have been a McCoist type signing which I hope we have moved away from