A Goalkeeper?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith has gone....McCrorie is still too young, maybe he will be loaned out! Kelly from what I have seen of the U'20s looks average at best! Perhaps I'm wrong though

No worries mate.

Plenty on here assured us the last 2 years that these boys could step up and we had no need for 2 first team GK.

Sure they'll be on soon...

I can understand why many could think that a goalkeeper isn't a priority, a new defense should mean we lose less goals, Cammy prior to joining us was a good shot stopper who on his day was a cat against them. The issue is though,....well watch any game he's played - his communication is non-existant hence about 7 games from the last he is shouting at Mohsni for headering clear when he didn't call for it then just minutes later all the defense leaves it for Cammy and Cammy doesn't go for it either, his distribution is piss, doesn't comman the area or organise his defense, how often does he save nevermind make a good save?, he picks it out more than he saves regardless of who we're playing unless you count pass backs and fluffed efforts.

If the thinking is Cammy's here so he'll be the keeper, then you could say the same for Miller and Clark- does that mean we don't need a stiker/targetman? Clark was basically our top scorer afterall. A keeper that saves shots and does the basics is worth points to your season and gets you through rounds in the cup - can we say Cammy does that for us? He must be the only keeper in football that fans say "awh well there was nothing he could do about that goal" in reference to EVERY goal scored in at him. He's been rotten and I think a new keeper has to take his place to get him to get his shit together at least.

Ideally we'd get both sorted.

However for me, a proven goal scorer is a far bigger priority than replacing Bell right now.

Nicky Law was our top scorer last season. That needs addressed.

We are addressing the defensive frailties currently. A better defence takes pressure off the GK and a more relaxed Bell should be more than adequate for this season. IMO.

Like MW has said on numerous occasions. We won't be rushing signings, we'll be bringing in the right players. Not panicking and bringing in 'someone'.

If the right GK is not available right now, then we won't just be bringing in someone to 'challenge' Bell. We tried that and it garnered wide spread criticism.

Well that's the situation for me.

We needed two CB's that can head, man mark and defend - we've got that. We need two central mid's that can dictate play, be a brick wall to the opposition and pick a pass - Eustace may be one of them. We need a target man & a goalscorer/whippet. We need a good goalkeeper.

That's only 7 players so I see no reason why we can't get both - we need both. We've released 10 players, ideally we'd get rid of more, we have investment, we have a new and inspiring management team - is getting a goalkeeper on free that's capable of making a decent save and that can do the basics so out of reach?

A spine is the most cost effective transfer signing list we could have as we don't have one, we've started on it - we even had a supporting CB, a goalkeeper should and I hope is on the list. We may need to wait until early to mid July on wrapping up some free signing or getting a loan but Cammy Bell picked it out more often than he saved last season and that's simply not good enough if you intend to win the Championship and even just win the games you are playing better than the opposition - how many times did we lose goals against the run of play last season?!

Ultimately I don't see it as being a Striker OR Goalkeeper situation, I think we need and can get both. Make Cammy number two.

Are you Reformation Bear in disguise?

Like I said earlier, it depends if the right candidate is available. If due to circumstances MW is content to go with Bell and an academy back up, I'll support that.

I somewhat know the name but I am not sure if he is a prick or not and thus I'm not sure if i should be insulted by the comparison. What I will clarify is that I have always been on this name and only use this name, I float about here and RangersChat.

You'll know him. :lol:

He's the guy who frequently posts huge essays on his opinions. Wasn't meant as insulting.

If Eustace comes in this week then I doubt we will have any more signings coming in until Warburton and Weir fully assess the squad in pre-season training.

Wouldn't mind seeing Liam Kelly sent out on loan and MW has already said he would use the loan market when necessary so could see a keeper coming here on a loan deal.