Andy Halliday Joins Rangers - Offical

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, I think when warburton knows a player well e.g. Kiernan, he can just sign them, I think with these guys he just wants to "do his homework" and get a better feel for them.

Under mccoist we'd have given these guys 3 year deals, so I think there is a chance we'd sign both if they are good enough and fit in with warburtons vision.

Unless it was Craig Gordon.

Not like Shane Ferguson.

If Shane Ferguson was a Rangers fan and mates with Scott Allan there'd be a willingness on here to get him signed too. Players should be signed based on their ability and in that respect I doubt Halliday is any better than Ferguson.

If Shane Ferguson was a Rangers fan and mates with Scott Allan there's be a willingness on here to get him signed too. Players should be signed based on their ability and in that respect I doubt Halliday is any better than Ferguson.

Sure thing.

If Shane Ferguson was a Rangers fan and mates with Scott Allan there's be a willingness on here to get him signed too. Players should be signed based on their ability and in that respect I doubt Halliday is any better than Ferguson.

Plenty of folk in other threads have talked about wanting ferguson, I am on the fence as I haven't seen enough of him but I have seen enough of allan to say he would be a great addition to our squad. Just needs to work on his attitude and workrats both of which can be worked on in training.

Plenty of folk in other threads have talked about wanting ferguson, I am on the fence as I haven't seen enough of him but I have seen enough of allan to say he would be a great addition to our squad. Just needs to work on his attitude and workrats both of which can be worked on in training.

Warburton wants players who can add value on and off the pitch. Ferguson is young, has lots of potential, and has EPL and full international experience. He also plays left-wing which would give us a option other than Templeton in a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. He ticks a lot of boxes. He had very little game time for us last season (not even 90mins total) and was just coming back from a long-term injury. Many seem to be forming opions based on that which is totally wrong IMO.

I'm sure Warburton will sign a wiger because we only have Templeton and Aird. I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

Warburton wants players who can add value on and off the pitch. Ferguson is young, has lots of potential, and has EPL and full international experience. He also plays left-wing which would give us a option other than Templeton in a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1. He ticks a lot of boxes. He had very little game time for us last season (not even 90mins total) and was just coming back from a long-term injury. Many seem to be forming opions based on that which is totally wrong IMO.

I'm sure Warburton will sign a wiger because we only have Templeton and Aird. I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

I agree that we'll sign a winger but still not sure who. I'd say Allan would be a good but not vital addition to the squad. Maybe warburton and weir will get something from law and shiels this year but creativity in the middle of the park is almost non-existent. Allan had 15 assists last year and therefore would be a good shout.

I don't know enough about Halliday or Ferguson to know whether either would be good signings. Ferguson was direct when he came on against Motherwell I the first leg but seemed to be a one trick pony.

I agree he ticks a lot of boxes and I would be happy if we signed him, I just haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on him regarding his current ability. I trust warburton to sign the players he thinks are best suited.