Nicky Clark

MrMckee

Probably going to get shot down by a lot of you out there but anyone else think that Warburton might get the best out of him with the style of play he is going to implement as scored loads at QOTS i can see rediscovering his form as he certainly has the work ethic i believe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McCall got the best out of Clark to be honest and it wasn't very good at all. Touch of a horse, no bottle in front of goal. Could do it with QoS but it's a different kettle of fish playing with Rangers. It's a shame as I like him and really did want him to be a success

I like Nicky Clark. He's very hard working, he's got pace, and he was our second highest goal-scorer last season. I think he will be Kenny Miller's long term replacement. I expect him to be the kind of player Warbinator appreciates too.

I like Nicky Clark. He's very hard working, he's got pace, and he was our second highest goal-scorer last season. I think he will be Kenny Miller's long term replacement. I expect him to be the kind of player Warbinator appreciates too.

I like him too, but I'd like him more if had a decent first touch, was stronger on the ball and could find the net more often.

Warburton will give him a clean slate but in all honesty, as much as I like Nicky, I don't think he's good enough.

Pretty much this.

Warburton has said about coping with the pressures of playing in front of 45,000 and I think this is where Clark fails. For all we know he's a goal scoring machine in training and on match days he freezes because he can't cope with the weight of expectation. He wouldn't be the first player to succumb to this.

There is no doubting Clarks work ethics and it's clear he wants to be at the club so it just comes down to his ability and dealing with expectation.

Sadly though I think he's not going to cut it long term.

He's not good enough. If Warburton plays the 4-3-3 he likes then Clark wont get a game at all. He cant play the lone striker role, he's not physical enough, cant hold play up as his first touch is the worst i've ever seen and i dont think he has a good football brain to compensate for his lack of strength and touch.

The lad should never have been signed. He had a really good season the year before we signed him granted. Previously released from Aberdeen and when he was loan at Peterhead he hardly shown. It was his dad that got him his move to QotS too. He can't even be classed as a youngster as he's 24

I'd be happy to be proven wrong if the Warbo makes a player out of him but since he signed he's been as good as having a man sent off.

Mate stop calling him Warbo, it makes you sound you want him to split you open like a coconut

Like this...have to agree has a great work ethic, gets himself into good positions in front of goal and might be a better player in what appears to be the preferred system that Warbs is talking about.

Sincerely hope so, I like the lad and he's a real True Blue!

Good Luck to him, but if he can't cut it here then good luck elsewhere.