Nicky Clark

MrMckee

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it before as well, I don't have an issue with looking at a younger player that's done well within a lower league and taking a punt on him. It hasn't worked, he hasn't improved but part of that blame should lie with the shitey coaching thats gone on at the club. He's had his chance now so can move on with no ill feeling toward him.......unlike some of the other wasters and traitors that can rot in hell

He works hard, there is no doubt about that, and also that he will get a fair chance under MW. But his first touch is very poor and I'm not sure that this can be improved significantly (even under a different coaching philosophy). Having said that, I struggle to understand how he scored so many goals for Queen of the South, yet didn't replicate it for us. I'm not sure he is our long term answer up front and expect MW to sign a front man, who will be a regular starter in the coming season.

I would like to think that Clark will be given a chance to show what he can do, given that we look to have a manager that has a considered philosophy of how to play football. Clark was on a hiding to nothing coming to us after a 42 goal season. I hope he the he can get at least half of that in the coming season.

Awful player.

Horrendous first touch, no link up play, no composure, everything seems to break down when he's on the ball and takes him about 5 chances to even look like scoring.

And apparently he is pacy? Well I've yet to see him outpace an opponent.

I don't mind Nicky, think our teams inability to control games and create clear cut chances for him, bar the odd couple he did finish, didn't help him develop and show what he can do.

The finish against Hibs was a decent one, ball played from Foster and it was instinctive, I've said before I genuinely believe he has the ideal mentor in Miller, I can see similarities between them, but Clark appears to have a more natural goalscoring instinct. I'd pair up Clark and Miller on the training field, let Miller work with Calrk as I can easily see Clark becoming the hard working, quick forward Miller was, but with a better goalscoring touch.

Think he's been asked to do too much, plus I also think he feels he has something to prove. he's working channels, coming short, looking inbehind, putting in crosses, getting on the end of crosses, working wide right, etc, it's a shed load of work for the young man. If he gets a season of being the main man, with Warburton providing him with chances and the team playing well, we'll get the best out of him.

Clark never seems to get the brunt of the ibrox crown because he always just seems to be "unclucky" but I don't think its a coincidence he is consistently unlucky... I think the truth is he simply isn't good enough, a rash move from MCoist brought him to the club and he has been dead wood since he arrived. The type of player we could maybe put out on loan and hope he comes good but in reality we need to be looking at better quality of players to move forward... only my opinion.

If Warburton can coach him that his first touch doesn't go 10yds away from him, he could have a player

He would also have to teach him to move with his head up rather than always looking down at the ball : the main reason he keeps running into opponents.

I doubt that this could be achieved as it should be natural for a decent player, he is a hard working player not much of a striker despite his one season goalscoring spell.

I'll bet, if involved in a better set-up and given the supply, we would see a different Nicky Clark.

Make no mistake; he had a horrendous season.

However, for someone who scored forty-odd goals in a season, he came very deep for the ball and it was there he struggled, often unable to turn and drive or his second touch being an attempt to control his first.

If he left, I wouldn't bat an eye lid, but I think there's more goals in Clark than we've seen.