• No
    • Maybe, explain in thread
    • Expected Better, King must find his wallet

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I'm glad that we're starting to be more sensible in the transfer market and are targeting players who will likely have sell on value.

In saying that, we have only signed two players thus far so this thread would probably have been better left until after the transfer window closes. I'm sure more money will be spent and more players will be brought in.

I think the two defenders (Wilson and Kiernan) are perfect for this league and in the next. I would be disappointed just a tad if we signed a 35 yr old holding midfielder coming off knee injuries but it would only be slight because I think we have a decent holding mid in young Murdoch. I would much rather see us go young and invest that way versus spending it on anyone over the age of 28. If Warburton is as talented tactically as folks say, he can win this league easily with a younger group of guys.

Yes.

I'm glad that we're starting to be more sensible in the transfer market and are targeting players who will likely have sell on value.

In saying that, we have only signed two players thus far so this thread would probably have been better left until after the transfer window closes. I'm sure more money will be spent and more players will be brought in.

Good Points.

I think the two defenders (Wilson and Kiernan) are perfect for this league and in the next. I would be disappointed just a tad if we signed a 35 yr old holding midfielder coming off knee injuries but it would only be slight because I think we have a decent holding mid in young Murdoch. I would much rather see us go young and invest that way versus spending it on anyone over the age of 28. If Warburton is as talented tactically as folks say, he can win this league easily with a younger group of guys.

I think we have to splash the cash a wee bit not go mental but enough to show we mean business.

Bit underwhelmed if I'm honest.

There's a lot of trust going into Warburton with these signings, so I pray they come good. But, dare I say it, I remember having the same 'leap of faith' when Le Guen started signing Sionko, Sebo, Svensson et al, and we all know how that turned out.

Bit underwhelmed if I'm honest.

There's a lot of trust going into Warburton with these signings, so I pray they come good. But, dare I say it, I remember having the same 'leap of faith' when Le Guen started signing Sionko, Sebo, Svensson et al, and we all know how that turned out.

I think Warbinator will be a success, but would like to see him get a good /fair chance and for that he will still need money to get in a better quality of player.

That may happen yet, and he must be happy with the Budget he's been given when taking the job.

I think Warbinator will be a success, but would like to see him get a good /fair chance and for that he will still need money to get in a better quality of player.

That may happen yet, and he must be happy with the Budget he's been given when taking the job.

I wouldn't advocate throwing millions at him this season, just in case he fucks it up.

But if he makes it work and we get promoted despite a (relatively) meagre budget, then the Warbmeister General should be given a much bigger budget over the following 2 seasons for a crack at the tims.

Yes,I'd like to see Scott Allan and Macleod make a return as well,targeting the right players this time around.

I'd prefer Scott Allan to Macleod as his history with illness and injury isn't great.

Allan may struggle at Rangers though.

Yes. I think this Manager has got something, knows what he wants and knows how to get us where we want to be. A bit more cash released and no one will touch us, of that I am sure.

I feel really positive with Warburton at the helm. A breath of fresh air and can't wait to see how we play after a few games bedding in.

Ashley's money may still be funding these players.

Well if thats the case these men should be running the country as most of the 5m would have been gone before they took over and to be able to stretch it this far is nothing short of a miracle.

To answer your question, im happy with the signings so far and would agree cash has got to be spent just to show that we mean business

Next up: Are you happy with the number of games we've won under the new manager so far poll

Fuck sake.

Will get that started once the games start, keep reminding me though as my memory can be bad.