Smile

Standard of singings so far  

655 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the standard of players so far

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, explain in thread
    • Expected Better, King must find his wallet

Voted yes, and I am hoping that his future signings are as favourable, as this must be the season we manage (pun intended) to pull ourselves out of the lethargy and underperforming of the past three years.

As long as this board also make funds available to MW, out with ST monies, when needed, then he will have a good shot at success. So far I am for this appointment, but as usual the proof will be in the winning of games.

He talks a good show, let's hope it's not all talk.

:uk:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that believed King's fairies and potless-Paul's promises may be underwhelmed by our rebuilding.

I look at us and say;

Warburton and Weir is a superb appointment considering they were up and comming in the English leagues, came close to back to back promotions with Brentford, narrowly missed out on being in a different financial bracket to us altogether and whom managed to get brilliant players for not a lot of money while making money in the process.

Wilson - Wanted by English clubs and Celtic. First team and captain of the side who won this division at a canter 2 places ahead of us, partnered Weir in his first stint and was good enough then. Having secured promotion with Hearts to the top flight he is stepping down a level to join us.

Keirnan - Rated at the clubs he's been at for any length of time this former U-21's Irish captain has been hampered by injury not ability. A Championship player who was being signed by Birmingham is dropping a level to join us. Several clubs fans wonder what could have been regarding him for them and with his serious injury now fading behind him he's really a cracking signature all things considered.

Eustace - Derby walked over the top of us last year and he was on the bench, Derby do better with him in the team. With over a decade of English football in him this Captain defies age to be both a good player and someone his teammates seem to gain impetus and victory from. Once again he is dropping a level to join us (assuming he's signing). He brings valuable experience to the side with a host of midfield traits we simply didn't have last season.

I don't really see how anyone could argue that they are not improving us while representing value for a club of our size in the second tier of Scottish football having just suffered humiliation of the Ally era and the cash problems.

It doesn't get King and Paul off the hook for the shit they've said and done to get where they are, but I think we've went about football the right way. They'll be held to their patter when the club needs money spent at the top of the top flight.

Good post :clap::clap::clap:

:uk:

I think the two defenders (Wilson and Kiernan) are perfect for this league and in the next. I would be disappointed just a tad if we signed a 35 yr old holding midfielder coming off knee injuries but it would only be slight because I think we have a decent holding mid in young Murdoch. I would much rather see us go young and invest that way versus spending it on anyone over the age of 28. If Warburton is as talented tactically as folks say, he can win this league easily with a younger group of guys.

Eustace may have an offer from another club as he's away back down South and talks are "ongoing" with us. I think after making the effort or coming up etc he would have signed there & then

Not sure yet, have been built up so many times only to be very dissapointed,i spoke to a Killie fan whe said he was surprised at us signing Kiernan as he couldnt get a game with them, his words were "he is shite" hopefully he is proved wrong. The manager speaks well but i hope he is as good as he speaks, time will tell, whoever signs for us will get my full support as always but i have been dissapointed often enough with the likes of Black,Law,Clark etc

Not sure yet, have been built up so many times only to be very dissapointed,i spoke to a Killie fan whe said he was surprised at us signing Kiernan as he couldnt get a game with them, his words were "he is shite" hopefully he is proved wrong. The manager speaks well but i hope he is as good as he speaks, time will tell, whoever signs for us will get my full support as always but i have been dissapointed often enough with the likes of Black,Law,Clark etc

2008–2011

Watford 2 (0) 2010Kilmarnock (loan) 4 (0) 2010Yeovil Town (loan) 3 (0) 2010–2011Bradford City (loan) 8 (0) 2011Wycombe Wanderers (loan) 2 (0) 2011–2015 Wigan Athletic 29 (1) 2012Accrington Stanley (loan) 3 (0) 2012Burton Albion (loan) 6 (0) 2012–2013Brentford (loan) 8 (0) 2013Southend United (loan) 12 (0) 2015Birmingham City (loan) 12 (1) 2015- Rangers 0 (0) National team

He's not had a lot of games anywhere bar Wigan.

It's a yes for me. I think the 2 defenders for the amount of money paid was a shrewd transaction. Wilson has worked with davie and seems to want to be here and keirnan has worked with warburon before. They both are young with loads of potential.

Eustace who has been in town for talks I will admit I was like wtf? But he is the perfect mentor for young murdy and his level of experience and talent is the best we could have got for nothing.

I do believe we will spend more money and brig in more quality players but mark is building a team unit full of players playing for the jersey.

Happy bear but needs to start spending more

It worries me that so many are creaming themselves over basically 2 signings .I'm all for being positive but with a sense of realism surely .Totally underwhelmed so far

It worries me that so many are creaming themselves over basically 2 signings .I'm all for being positive but with a sense of realism surely .Totally underwhelmed so far

Can you blame them mate, from cribari and moshav to Wilson and keirnan. In comparison to last seasons defence we have just signed pique and kompany

A don't see how anyone can't be happy with them so far,look at the shite we've watched the past 3 year

These two lads are far better than what we had

We were never saying they were shite when any of them signed .That's a fact .Far to early days for me to go over board