Smile

Standard of singings so far  

655 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the standard of players so far

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, explain in thread
    • Expected Better, King must find his wallet

Yes. We're operating at Warburton's known level; English Championship. If we build a solid, fit hardworking team with English Championship level quality of player we'll quickly find ourselves back at the top of Scottish football.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiernan I'm pretty interested in seeing play. A solid Championship player down south, talks a good game and clearly Warburton is pretty big on him. Think he'll be a real sucess.

Wilson for me the jury is still out. The deal was a no brainer however. Free transfer, better than we previously had, knows the club, knows the expectation, knows the league, you can't really argue with it. In saying that I still think he has alot of learning and improving to do. It honestly wouldn't suprise me if large amount of the support is frustrated with him come November time.

ashleys had his money back and more already through syphoning off merchandise profits

Can you give us a breakdown of how he has got anywhere near £5 million 'back' outside a normalised retail contract?

As for the standard of players signed I think its a promising start and I believe that there will be more news in the next couple of days. I'm prepared to trust the judgement of the manager as he has a proven eye for talent and seems much more aware of where we are and what we need than most.

I don't know what people expect! Under McCoist we signed foreign players that no one has heard of (peralta,argeriou) and well known SPL players (Daly,Black,Shiels) and almost all of them were shite.

It can't be a coincidence that all these players who had promise became rubbish over night and you seen the impact McCall had with them.

Warburton is clearly targeting a certain type of player and has said that he is looking for "value" a few times. Although there is the potential for Wilson and Keirnan to progress and be sold for more money, if Eustace comes in on a free transfer and a relatively low wage, but does well for a year or two then there will be value there!

Some of the stuff people are posting is ridiculous, leap of faith like Le Guen, what chance has he got when our own fans are tarring him with that brush!

Not sure exactly what folk are expecting?

New manager comes in says he's going to sign players that fit his system and a mix of young hungry players with a few experienced ones... Does exactly that and folk are blaming king for "not getting his wallet out"?

I'll be waiting until the end of the season to judge the signing policy of the new manager - but so far he's done exactly what he's said he will which is a great start

Seems very early to comment really.

There can be no complaints about Wilson, who has shown his quality in the Championship and is a leader. Although Kiernan is not a big name, he has lots of experience for his age and is fit, hungry and can be developed which is the type of player we want.

I'm slightly sceptical about Eustace due to his age but if anyone has seen the interview with Souness about his time at Rangers he talks about needing leaders. I think he would fill that role and help impart professionalism and a good work/fitness ethic on the younger players so for that I think he could work.

I think we will probably sign another 2-3 players only and have a smaller squad than before, and only a bit into the season can we really judge.

Either way, I like that we are not making panic signings or paying large fees for older players which is the right strategy in my opinion.

I'm happy with the signings so far.

Wilson & Kiernan fit the mould of what Warburton said he wanted in his first press conference and Eustace would offer a wealth of experience in midfield and a perfect platform/shield for the other midfielders to go and influence the game whole knowing they have somebody covering and plugging gaps.

On paper he has signed a pretty solid base for the team and now he needs to just go and address other areas.

Still miles away from having a competitive squad.

Really surprised we've only made the two signings so far..

If there is one thing that is certain its that warburton will be working his socks off doing research on players, getting in touch with his various contacts etc. just because the press haven't got a sniff of what's going on doesnt mean nothing is happening. Warburton said time and time again he won't be rushed into signing the wrong people at the wrong time.

Ore players in the same mould as wilson and kiernan will certainly give us a young and competitive squad.

We have got to develop our own players,not spend amounts we can't afford.Gone are the days of yesteryear when stupid amounnts of money was spent on buying shit.Fair eneogh i'm an old codger who remembers rangers payin 30 k for A centre forward called Christie from Ayr united just because he scored a couple of goals against us in 1961.Think about the madness in the English premier league,wages signing on fees,watched some of the games on tv and thought they were crap.Better the gers develop their own young players,more excitement for the fans!

Watford 2 (0) 2010 → Kilmarnock (loan) 4 (0) 2010 → Yeovil Town (loan) 3 (0) 20102011 → Bradford City (loan) 8 (0) 2011 → Wycombe Wanderers (loan) 2 (0) 20112015 Wigan Athletic 29 (1) 2012 → Accrington Stanley (loan) 3 (0) 2012 → Burton Albion (loan) 6 (0) 20122013 → Brentford (loan) 8 (0) 2013 → Southend United (loan) 12 (0) 2015 → Birmingham City (loan) 12 (1) 2015- Rangers 0 (0) National team

He's not had a lot of games anywhere bar Wigan.

Thanks for posting.

We are a Scottish second tier side and can't expect top signings but it shows how far we have fallen when people are touting a player with this level of experience as a 'great' signing.

He may prove to be a great signing, and I hope he does, but time will tell but there is nothing in those stats to get over excited about.

Warburton may know the player from youth football but I find it interesting that he didn't take him on loan, at least, last season when he was deemed surplus to requirements at a struggling Wigan side.

I'm not pissing on anyone's bonfire but realistically Kiernan is not a player that was on any Rangers fan's radar until he was signed and the manager spoke highly of him.

Going on their careers to date Wilson is the main signing of the two.

Hopefully quality, proven players are still to come in.

A priority has to be forwards because last season we were very poor up front. Based on last season I don't see Miller and Clarke being the answer.

Not sure Danny Wilson is a positive move. Played for Hertz but still capable of basic errors on a regular basis. Not a good move bringing back ex players IMO. Chasing the money springs to,mind, seem to have been there before.

Nope.

I was looking for guys a step up from this level but I think the bigger signings will be made nearer the end of pre season. Warburton made comments that basically said that he wouldn't rush in and would be carefully assessing each signing. He said he wasn't keen on marquee signings either though but he is probably being careful with the riskier signings in terms of cost. We've thrown away a lot of money by panic buying relatively big names before and ending up regretting it.

I see Warburton seems to be intent on building a backbone to the team but we seriously need forward men. We don't have a single striker that would instill fear even at Championship level, barring Kenny Miller on his best days. We need a couple of strikers with strength and pace. Having small, full on speedsters in the Championship is a danger with the hatchetmen in the division and an element of strength is required, so strong but athletic strikers are what is needed.

I think unless we get off to a good start this season it will be more of the same.

To date I don't think that the signings will put the fear factor into teams and I can see another 4 or 5 decent quality signings before the season starts

Just wondering if all if players contracts had been up, how many would have been retained.

We still need more players of a better quality if we are to build the core of our premiership team this year. It's tough to find decent players in the january window, so it's best we find them now.

We will need to spend serious money, there is no getting away from that. We cannot build a team of free transfers and 200k players and expect to be challenging the tims next season.

It's a mistake to wait until next year to buy most of our top players. We need time to gel as a side and it will take too long for that to happen after we are promoted (If we are)

Coupled with that, we need to ensure we get promoted.

I realise it's hard to get players to sign for a year in the championship but we will have to find some somewhere.

Wih the players being back tomorrow I don't think we will see any more come in until Warburton has had them training for a few days of so he can assess what he has first.

You cant assess players in training..

There's numerous games from last season to watch that'll show how inept they all were..

I don't know what people expect! Under McCoist we signed foreign players that no one has heard of (peralta,argeriou) and well known SPL players (Daly,Black,Shiels) and almost all of them were shite.

It can't be a coincidence that all these players who had promise became rubbish over night and you seen the impact McCall had with them.

Warburton is clearly targeting a certain type of player and has said that he is looking for "value" a few times. Although there is the potential for Wilson and Keirnan to progress and be sold for more money, if Eustace comes in on a free transfer and a relatively low wage, but does well for a year or two then there will be value there!

Some of the stuff people are posting is ridiculous, leap of faith like Le Guen, what chance has he got when our own fans are tarring him with that brush!

Your speaking in hindsight of course