• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, explain in thread
    • Expected Better, King must find his wallet

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not claiming this is the answer but I expect to see MOH through the middle this season  He has the speed to tear up defenses but we never had anyone who could deliver the quality defence splitting pass, that has changed with Niko and to a lesser extent Barton.  This is not a panacea but is a nice option to have in the playbook 

I would like us to buy a striker but I am looking forward to seeing Barton and Kranjcar in the midfield.  I have no issues with spending wisely rather than millions in transfer fees and we may have more signings to come. The magic hat has also shown he can use the loan market effectively.

Happy so far.

Kranjcar is one that could either go spectacularly well or he'll just float around collecting a wage reminding us how good he could be with one superb performance in every 5 games or so.

Would have liked a more commanding presence at the back..think both Marriapa and Clint are only 6ft? But both are a step up from our current CBs.

Very happy with the midfield additions in Crooks, Joey and Rossiter. 

Windass every time I've seen him play looked decent.

Just waiting on the arrival of a CF who can bag us 30 goals next season. 

Hopefully some exciting Loanees heading North as well.

I'm extremely happy with the signings so far, although the last 2 (plus loans??) will be just as important.

Looks like a solid, intelligent, creative ball playing midfield. Strength in depth. Wingers and full backs were already in place (albeit protection/rotation needed).

Happy with Hill and Gilks, although wouldn't say they will be first team, more mentors who play. 

2 more plus a loan or 2 and we will be done, but the CB and CF need to be good enough to take us forward. 

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not claiming this is the answer but I expect to see MOH through the middle this season  He has the speed to tear up defenses but we never had anyone who could deliver the quality defence splitting pass, that has changed with Niko and to a lesser extent Barton.  This is not a panacea but is a nice option to have in the playbook 

Good idea, although I think McKay has the quality you're looking for in terms of that defence splitting pass.

7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Completely agree, excited to see what he can do with a pre-season and not being cup tied now. He does have a great amount of pace and could provide that something to unlock defences. 

I've answered no. 

The fact that we are clearly shopping in the free transfer market limits us to who we can look at. I know we don't have a lot of money but I think we need to push the boat out a little more. I did expect a couple million spent on transfer fees. 

Im worried when Celtic start doing their business our signings might not look as good. Imo opinion they have been linked with some very good players. And although they probably won't get most of them, especially Allen, it's not encouraging the standard of player they seem to be going for. 

Having said that I do think we have built a semi decent squad. I just think we might need another a full year with this team and then another summer transfer window with maybe one or 2 quality addictions rather than the amount we have brought in this year to really push for the league. 

We need to be reasonable.

In Barton and Niko we have added steel, flair and most of all, invaluable experience.

In Rossiter, windass and crooks we have added undoubted potential, along with a desire to play at the highest level.

If we add Mariappa, he gives us an EPL level defender which we can't really ask for more.

the Gilks and Hill signings for are odd. Both go against our youth ethos, and I just don't buy the experience arguement when you've already signed two 30+ midfielders and have Miller, Wallace and potentially Mariappa. Both to me smack of squad signings which is fine, but does seem to buck our trend of quality over quantity.

For me, the window will go from good to great if we see DK splash on one or two players. I know fees aren't the be all and end all, but I firmly believe this will allow us to open our pool of players rather than frees, and more importantly reinforce to rangers fans that DK is fully committed to taking this club back to the pinnacle 

3 minutes ago, OzGers said:

We need to be reasonable.

In Barton and Niko we have added steel, flair and most of all, invaluable experience.

In Rossiter, windass and crooks we have added undoubted potential, along with a desire to play at the highest level.

If we add Mariappa, he gives us an EPL level defender which we can't really ask for more.

the Gilks and Hill signings for are odd. Both go against our youth ethos, and I just don't buy the experience arguement when you've already signed two 30+ midfielders and have Miller, Wallace and potentially Mariappa. Both to me smack of squad signings which is fine, but does seem to buck our trend of quality over quantity.

For me, the window will go from good to great if we see DK splash on one or two players. I know fees aren't the be all and end all, but I firmly believe this will allow us to open our pool of players rather than frees, and more importantly reinforce to rangers fans that DK is fully committed to taking this club back to the pinnacle 

Hill and Gilks both have abundant quality for the SPFL and experience, in key positions, to pass on.

With age and quality in mind Ashley Fletcher has turned down a contract at Man United. Spending cash on a young striker (be it transfer fee or wages) may be a sound investment. We should be able to tempt him from the clutches of Leeds or Bristol City if we are serious.

• 3 months later...
On 25/06/2016 at 9:08 AM, RFC Eagle said:

Hill and Gilks both have abundant quality for the SPFL and experience, in key positions, to pass on.

With age and quality in mind Ashley Fletcher has turned down a contract at Man United. Spending cash on a young striker (be it transfer fee or wages) may be a sound investment. We should be able to tempt him from the clutches of Leeds or Bristol City if we are serious.

I was at a q&a at ibrox last night involving MW, kenny miller and Halliday. 

Mw said they were tracking a premiership player who was very interested in joining the club. 

Trouble was he was on 40k a week and the loan fee was 250,000 for the year. 8 championship teams all bid for him. Maybe the teams weren't Leeds and Bristol city but the money swirling about in the championship is running away from us as well. It's a real sign of the times. 

22 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I was at a q&a at ibrox last night involving MW, kenny miller and Halliday. 

Mw said they were tracking a premiership player who was very interested in joining the club. 

Trouble was he was on 40k a week and the loan fee was 250,000 for the year. 8 championship teams all bid for him. Maybe the teams weren't Leeds and Bristol city but the money swirling about in the championship is running away from us as well. It's a real sign of the times. 

There's plenty on here haven't a clue when it comes to bringing in players.Let's spend 10,15,20 million.Let's bring in 4/5 players.Do they think that a player valued at 2/3 million is only being looked at by us.If he is any good other teams will be looking at him.We can possibly match the asking price but wages.As you point out we can't even compete with championship.Put yourself in that players shoes.Move to Rangers on 10/15k a week or go to championship team and get double.Not a hard decision is it.This is the reality of the Scottish game and as we don't have a sugar daddy willing to put his own millions into the pot for no return some better get used to it.

• 4 months later...