When We Got Demoted To The Fourth Tier, How Long Until

pcbear

You thought we aint going to skate this, not very long into the Brechin game that thought had crossed my mind, and we pretty much just muddled through to where we are now.

I am getting a good feeling about the men in charge now though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was obvious before we even kicked off in the lower leagues.

Look at the squad he had at his disposal yet the wheels came off when Naismith got injured.

The new management team have a better attitude and know what the fuck they're doing so I have no doubts we will go up this season.

Never ever thought it would be easy....we had lost nearly an entire first team of professionals, and had to cobble together at short notice a brand new team, who then had to get used to each other.

The loss of experience, plus International players meant we were on course to have the worst grade of team in our history, which proved to be correct.

The fact that most of us wanted Ally to blend in youth players, and regrow the squad from the roots up was a pointless fantasy.

Last season was one of the worst in our history, the first time we had ever failed to be promoted.

Ally was in charge, he gets 100% of the blame.

Can you explain the difference?

Being demoted to the lowest league as reigning Champions was impossible.

The authorities "crooked as they are" had to follow John Reids template to the letter.

Full details won't come to light until Plod finish up.

But we were NEVER demoted

Being demoted to the lowest league as reigning Champions was impossible.

The authorities "crooked as they are" had to follow John Reids template to the letter.

Full details won't come to light until Plod finish up.

But we were NEVER demoted

Being demoted suggests being placed there by a governing body which is exactly what happened. Being placed in the divison upon our re entry suggests we left at some point which we did not.

We where never relegated but we where demoted:

move (someone) to a lower position or rank, usually as a punishment.

The fact that most of us wanted Ally to blend in youth players, and regrow the squad from the roots up was a pointless fantasy.

Apart from when Hearts did it, two divisions higher, and scooshed a league containing Rangers and Hibs

No sane person wanted a team of 11 kids, but Ally's obsession with 10 veterans plus MacLeod was the single key reason why we are still outside the top flight

Being demoted suggests being placed there by a governing body which is exactly what happened. Being placed in the divison upon our re entry suggests we left at some point which we did not.

We where never relegated but we where demoted:

move (someone) to a lower position or rank, usually as a punishment.

We did leave, we had to re apply

We were neither relegated or demoted.

Bit off topic but relevant to the demoted part. I was arguing with a bitter taig at the weekend and he was giving it if we aren't a new club then why were we demoted. Fenian bastards man just can't let it go!

We did leave, we had to re apply

We were neither relegated or demoted.

We left?

Why where did we go? As far as i know we have the same playing licence we've always had. If we had left and had to apply for a new one the SPFL would recognise us as a new club which they don't.

Not all clubs in the world who have had their holding companies liquidated have to re apply or are demoted. In fact what happened to us was very much not the norm.

We where demoted by the other clubs who saw the opportunity to stick the knife in.

Bit off topic but relevant to the demoted part. I was arguing with a bitter taig at the weekend and he was giving it if we aren't a new club then why were we demoted. Fenian bastards man just can't let it go!

They talk so much shite mate it's unbelievable. The key word there is demoted, if we where demoted that means we operated in the top league previously hench forth we are the same club.

The SPFL, Uefa and Fifa all recognise us as the same club but then you get a bitter little taig who can barely spell his own name try to convince you that he's right and everyone else has it wrong. Either that or it's a conspiracy with those cunts.

Christmas onwards in League 1 I thought the wheels were coming off and Ally had to go.

Struggling to get a draw against Alloa or something in one cup at home (Mohsni equaliser playing up front) and the defeat by Raith in the Ramdens were two huge indicators that he had to go.

I couldn't actually believe that he hadn't been sacked or that he was staying on beyond the Summer prior to the start of the Championship season, it's at that point I knew we were going to go tits up.

Sadly I was proved right.

Now though I'm optimistic that we have the right people and that we are going about things the right way with regards to the football side of things. I have every confidence that they'll be a marked improvement and that we'll win the Championship.

That however requires another 5 first team players to be signed though going into the new season. So far so good.

We left?

Why where did we go? As far as i know we have the same playing licence we've always had. If we had left and had to apply for a new one the SPFL would recognise us as a new club which they don't.

Not all clubs in the world who have had their holding companies liquidated have to re apply or are demoted. In fact what happened to us was very much not the norm.

We where demoted by the other clubs who saw the opportunity to stick the knife in.

RANGERS have finally been handed full SFA membership just hours before the football season kicks off - but the club will vigorously contest any move by the SPL to strip them of titles.

Ibrox chief executive Charles Green reached a compromise agreement with Scottish football chiefs after another day of tense talks in the long-running saga.

And it resulted in the Light Blues being handed the full licence which gives them the go-ahead to kick off life as a Third Division club starting with Sunday’s Ramsdens Cup first round clash with Brechin City at Glebe Park.

RANGERS have finally been handed full SFA membership just hours before the football season kicks off - but the club will vigorously contest any move by the SPL to strip them of titles.

Ibrox chief executive Charles Green reached a compromise agreement with Scottish football chiefs after another day of tense talks in the long-running saga.

And it resulted in the Light Blues being handed the full licence which gives them the go-ahead to kick off life as a Third Division club starting with Sunday’s Ramsdens Cup first round clash with Brechin City at Glebe Park.

So what is the point you are making here?

I was shot down week in, week out on here in our last premier league season when I told you all McCoist wasn't the man for Rangers. The day he threw a 15 point lead away in 2 months, he should have been shown the door. Administration saved him, he came out with a few catchphrases and all was forgotten. Not by me though.