Goram Or Klos?

Joscro

Which one of Goram and Klos do you think was the better goalie? Goram, a great winning mentality and a Gers legend made some out of this world saves, and was a 9 in a row stalwart, but I reckon Klos was a better technical keeper and towards the end of his time Goram was getting easier beaten with hard low shots.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one of Goram and Klos do you think was the better goalie? Goram, a great winning mentality and a Gers legend made some out of this world saves, and was a 9 in a row stalwart, but I reckon Klos was a better technical keeper and towards the end of his time Goram was getting easier beaten with hard low shots.

For me i would say Klos. Watched Klos more than i seen Goram and i feel that Klos was the better shot stopper and saved us time and time again. In saying that Goram did pull off the best save i have ever seen to this day.

Goram has been the best goalie we've ever had, maybe not the most technical but best at keeping the white thing out the net and his love for us put him on a par with the fans. Some of his saves as are legendary are the stories my favourite being getting blootered with Laudrup in his wine cellar

Goram was the best i have ever seen and i include Illgner, Zubizaretta, Schmeichel, Zenga, Peruzzi and all the rest in that. He was different class.

At his peak, Goram was the best keeper in the world.

Klos was a very very good goalie but not a patch on Goram at his best.

For me i would say Klos. Watched Klos more than i seen Goram and i feel that Klos was the better shot stopper and saved us time and time again. In saying that Goram did pull off the best save i have ever seen to this day.

Klos was a great keeper don't get me wrong but the above in bold was Goram's career with us. He killed them and everyone else time and again. For his height his shot stopping was incredible, and his kicking was superior to Klos. Klos' kicking was pretty poor as was he dealing with crosses.

For me it's not even a contest. Goram wins hands down. That's not to criticise Klos. Goram was just THAT good. It's like comparing Laudrup to De Boer. One was great. One was on another level, all in my opinion of course.

Klos was a great keeper don't get me wrong but the above in bold was Goram's career with us. He killed them and everyone else time and again. For his height his shot stopping was incredible, and his kicking was superior to Klos. Klos' kicking was pretty poor as was he dealing with crosses.

For me it's not even a contest. Goram wins hands down. That's not to criticise Klos. Goram was just THAT good. It's like comparing Laudrup to De Boer. One was great. One was on another level, all in my opinion of course.

Some good points in there. When i think back and compare some videos of both i really cant disagree with your points. For me i seen more of Klos as that was around the time i got my first season ticket. We have had some fantastic keepers, i cant really recall any other team having as good a keeper as we have had over such a period of time from Chris Woods all the way through to McGregor. We have had a few bumpers in there aswell. Andy Dibble to name one but again to be fair to the guy pulled of a few great saves in his first game

Hard call but Klos for me just, it took a great forward to get the ball past him on one on one and the strength of his forearms were unbelievable as his reading of angles, Gorams shot stopping was as good as I have ever seen, instinctive saves he was the best, if he had had the footballing brain of Klos he would have been the best ever and vica versa.