Petrofac Training Cup Round 1 Draw

Bear cub1

Despite it being a diddy competition, 3 years of not winning it would make getting it fairly satisfying. It's already been said- we are Rangers and should have been taking about how we won it every time of asking!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Warburton on this in that every competition you enter....you enter to win. So I want to win this just as I did the last 3 years and fuck all to do with the fact we have not.

We have the best facilities in Scotland and with the proper management team there is no reason we cannot go for all 4, Does anyone think that in a league with mostly part time teams we have to save ourselves for the Championship

Right when we finished fucking third this year!

Because we finished 3rd last season we should lower our standards and not aim to win every competition ... If that's what you're suggesting then that's some fucked up ideology mate.
A club of our stature and history should be aiming to win every domestic competition we enter... Hearts, Gretna, Dumfermline, Queen of the south, Falkirk, Ross county, Motherwell , Hibs, St Johnstone, Dundee united and ICT , all small time clubs with a smaller budget and poorer training facilities than us who have reached the Scottish cup final in the last ten years, there's no reason why we should not be aiming to reach the final and win this competition. same with the league cup and challenge cup. By the time the transfer window closes MW should have built a decent squad ready to compete in and aim to win all competitions, anything less and we have lowered our standards, then we're on the slippery slope to accepting mediocrity and become just another small time club.

Because we finished 3rd last season we should lower our standards and not aim to win every competition ... If that's what you're suggesting then that's some fucked up ideology mate.
A club of our stature and history should be aiming to win every domestic competition we enter... Hearts, Gretna, Dumfermline, Queen of the south, Falkirk, Ross county, Motherwell , Hibs, St Johnstone, Dundee united and ICT , all small time clubs with a smaller budget and poorer training facilities than us who have reached the Scottish cup final in the last ten years, there's no reason why we should not be aiming to reach the final and win this competition. same with the league cup and challenge cup. By the time the transfer window closes MW should have built a decent squad ready to compete in and aim to win all competitions, anything less and we have lowered our standards, then we're on the slippery slope to accepting mediocrity and become just another small time club.

Eh no! What I'm saying is I'd rather we concentrated on winning the league rather than the Petrofac training cup. Everything this season should be about promotion and building for next year in the SPL. Personally it wouldn't bother me if we played the kids in this cup. Are Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea all small clubs for doing similar in the league cup? Anyway each to their own as I trust Mark Warburon and I'm sure he'll do what is best for the club. (tu)

Eh no! What I'm saying is I'd rather we concentrated on winning the league rather than the Petrofac training cup. Everything this season should be about promotion and building for next year in the SPL. Personally it wouldn't bother me if we played the kids in this cup. Are Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea all small clubs for doing similar in the league cup? Anyway each to their own as I trust Mark Warburon and I'm sure he'll do what is best for the club. (tu)

Off course the league is the most important as it always is, but we should still aim to win every competition we enter, that's what Rangers do. I'm pretty sure MW covered this in one of his interviews and said he aims to win or go as far as he can in every competition.. He gets what Rangers are all about.
As for Arsenal, Man u ect who really gives a fuck what they do. This is about Rangers. Like you said each to their own, I won't be lowering my expectations.