Have You Ever Cried At A Rangers Game?

I have. Sometimes (in the long ago) through too much drink and bad results. Disappointment used to get me every time. I cried when Rangers lost to Bayern in 1967 especially since they had won the European Cup. Also shed a tear when we lost the 1965 League Cup Final to them. Still can't watch the UEFA Cup Final from Manchester. I know I would weep over that one like I did at the time.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have. The 1957 League Cup final on 19th October when we got humiliated at Hampden by the scum. What made it worse was that we were the current League Champions.

We could have been 2 down after twenty minutes but both times they hit the post and I remember thinking the gods were on our side that day. I still have nightmares about that game almost 60 years later.

10-20 minutes to go and Rangers are through to the last 16 of the Champs League, ball is with Amoruso as last man and he decides to attempt to skin diego simone, he loses it and monaco score. I must have been 12 maybe but that put tears in my eyes.

Think it was Marco Simone, the Italian striker but yes, that was a sore yin.

We were off to a flyer the first three games of that campaign and totally capitulated after that.

Beam back at Ibrox watching them beat us 5-1. I was only 10 to be fair.

I was at that one too.

The eerie noise of thousands of seats flipping up at the third goal will stick with me. The sound echoed all around the place because it was a beamback.

I dragged my mate back and said that I was staying and we were rewarded by a Gio free-kick flying in but after that it all went downhill and my mate lost a crown as it went bouncing down from the very top of the Copland, propelled from his moof by a choice selection of three 'F' words in a row.

Broke down when Zenit's second went in. It had been an emotional day all round, missed the whole first half trekking from Picadilly to the screens at the stadium. So seeing is go down with a relative whimper, the second goal putting it to bed, it was too much. I've still never watched any footage of the game to this day.

a few weeks ago after the playoff final 2nd leg, was in Spain (stealth holiday post) watching it with my father in law (St Mirren fan), put on a brave face after it but when we went back to the villa i went to my room and shed a few tears.

also in Manchester after the final, standing in a pub watching it and at the final whistle i felt myself welling up.

6-1 v Dunfermline to win the league. My father in law died a few days before and his last words to me were 'don't worry, the boys are going to win the league'. Rather than sitting in my own seat in the main stand, I sat in his seat that day. Also, who wasn't crying at the fernando benefit match ?

When Kilmarnock scored in injury time at Ibrox in 1998 to put the league in Celtic's hands, I was about 10. Also cried watching the beam back when we lost the league officially that season. It's the first time in my life I'd ever really felt failure in the league, it was hard to take.

I was close to it after the UEFA Cup final. I've never watched the highlights of that and never will.

I also cried when Motherwell stopped us doing 9 in a row at Ibrox.