Players That Gave You The Fear

Alendrin

You can hardly say that the boy is lightning when he gets going no denying that, he had a decentish left cross on him aswell, his technical ability, passing and general positional awareness was shocking though. When he played against PSV in Europe he destroyed their right back and generally when he first broke through to the team he had decent potential, sadly that youthful excitment got coached out of him in the end and he stopped running at fullbacks and just took the easy negative option of a sideways pass instead.

Sorry Gregg, didnt know you were on here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Malcolm, just could never see why he ever warranted a start considering the resources we had when he was at the club. However, looking back he did have some ability to pick out a pass.

Dave MacPherson, and there was a period where Amo was liability making silly mistakes with short passbacks or shocking distribution.

Remember Del Piero doing Cleland with an outrageous bit of skill at at CL game at Ibrox over by the Govan/Copland corner. We got spanked 4-0. Didn't know whether to clap or cry!

Prob. the best visiting team I have seen come to Ibrox.

Perhaps thats why Alex snapped in turin - it was the same scenario.

Under Smith 90s - No one really. It was a good solid unit back then with a squad full of good players in the main.

Under Advocaat - Adamczuk and no one else that i can really remember giving me the shiters.

Under McLeish - Waterreus, Ross, Muscat, Bonnisel, Eggen, Vanoli, Fanfan, Rodriguez, Hughes, Capucho, Ostenstad

Under Le Guen - Svensson and as good a footballer as he was in midfield, Brahim Hemdani at centre back! :D

Under Smith 2nd time round - Dailly, Foster, Edu, Kerkar

Under McCoist - Goian, Edu, Ortiz, Bedoya, Perry, Faure, Argyriou, Hegarty, Black, Templeton, Aird, Little, Sandaza, Kyle, Foster, Mohsni, Hutton, Clark and McCulloch.

I always liked Craig Moore

Worked his ticket to get away from Rangers after his pal Barry left by insisting on playing for Oz in the fuckin Olympics when we had important C.L qualifiers.

I remember being hyped up and confident for the coming season when we pulled off the coup of signing the captains of Marseille, Monaco and PSG all in the same week.

Then I actually saw the three of them line up across the back line and an absolute nightmare unfolded before my eyes.

Dave MacPherson, and there was a period where Amo was liability making silly mistakes with short passbacks or shocking distribution.

Remember Del Piero doing Cleland with an outrageous bit of skill at at CL game at Ibrox over by the Govan/Copland corner. We got spanked 4-0. Didn't know whether to clap or cry!

I done that to a guy at 5s and he said it was the worst bit of skill he had ever seen. I still do it. So effective and when it goes through the legs is even better! Tefal napper got done a peach that night by Sandro DP! Ha

I know we can reminisce about the good moments (that goal) however Konterman for me.

was always nervous when he played in the centre of defence ,not as much when he played in front of the back four .

It's often overlooked after admin etc... But there was a time maybe 6 months before when Lee McCulloch and Maurice Edu formed the worst central midfield partnership I've ever seen at Rangers. McCulloch was slow as fuck and 2 yards off the pace, and Edu was technically the worst player I've ever seen. He literally couldn't control a ball or pass it 10 yards.

However since admin Edu gained a lot of respect. And turned into a decent player in the end.

You can hardly say that the boy is lightning when he gets going no denying that, he had a decentish left cross on him aswell, his technical ability, passing and general positional awareness was shocking though. When he played against PSV in Europe he destroyed their right back and generally when he first broke through to the team he had decent potential, sadly that youthful excitment got coached out of him in the end and he stopped running at fullbacks and just took the easy negative option of a sideways pass instead.

Gregg Wylde....AKA ....Fraser Aird.....school reports: Gregg and Fraser can run very fast....

I would never have Clelland on that list. He was a solid enough player for us. Same with Dave MacPherson. Good player and pretty dependable. Harsh having Moore there too, considering he became an excellent centre half. He wasn't great when he was younger, right enough.

I'd say Svennson. He was a disaster waiting to happen whenever he was there.