What If We Sign No One?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If warburton decides that the current squad is good enough(Which he won't) What Would that have to do with king/ the board?

That's kind of the point, Warburton has made some additions and there is still thread after thread on here calling for king "to get his wallet out" - I trust that the management team will make the right decisions to fall in line with their own footballing philosophy and it has nothing to do with King.

I would be surprised if there were no further additions but at the same time they have only been working with this group of players for a short time so I'd not be surprised if there are less additions than some are calling for...

I thought both were awful, from what we saw of them anyway.

Given a chance, Bedoya turned out a good player...has played very well for the US and by all accounts does very well in the french Ligue 1. He only made 12 apps. (2 goals) for us, which is hardly a long time to prove yourself considering he mostly came on from the bench. There is also a bit of settling in to consider..

He is a far better player than what we have now, in my opinion.

As far as Celik goes, he made 5 apps.

You have to remember that even Cristiano Ronaldo was pish for the first 2 seasons in England.

Me.

Beats me why some are now happy to accept mediocrity now Kings in charge.

But if Warburton can develop the team with what's there its not accepting mediocrity is it? That's the flaw in your constant negativity.

What would it take for you to back the manager? A 1mill+ signing?!

We need to accept where we are as a club and what this management regime are trying to build from first principles brining in players for the sake of it isn't on the agenda - that's why we're in this state!

I remember Durrant saying that, weeks before we brought in Ortiz, Celik, Stella, Bedoya and McKay!

Both Bedoya and McKay played in the 2014 World Cup finals and Celik currently plies his trade in the Turkish SuperLig.

What about the young players who have already appeared for the first team? Takes us to 21/22.

Then we have dozens of youth players they'll be casting a discerning eye over to see who can step up. This isn't a time for panic IMO.

I thought 17 included the likes of Hardie, McKay and Gallagher?? My mistake. Well hopefully two or three ( bigger names ) should do....

But if Warburton can develop the team with what's there its not accepting mediocrity is it? That's the flaw in your constant negativity.

What would it take for you to back the manager? A 1mill+ signing?!

We need to accept where we are as a club and what this management regime are trying to build from first principles brining in players for the sake of it isn't on the agenda - that's why we're in this state!

Maybe because I've seen whats there and know they are not good enough. Warburtons not a magician he will need backing.

Both Bedoya and McKay played in the 2014 World Cup finals and Celik currently plies his trade in the Turkish SuperLig.

That may well be true but it doesn't mean a thing. Tom Boyd also played in a World Cup and Kris Boyd was once a SuperLig player! As Albear said too, if it wasn't for injury, Arnold Peralta would also have been a World Cup player.

we have 22 players if you include Sinnamon and Gasparotto

both good young players especially Sinnamon ( reserve captain ). I'm surprised Gasparratto was left of the 23 man Canada squad for the Gold Cup which begins today.

We need about 5 more FIRST TEAM players, let the ones that are left fight for a place but the quality has to be incredibly better than whats already there - theres no danger we wouldn't sign more, I'm expecting a striker to be signed by next weekend

I remember Durrant saying that, weeks before we brought in Ortiz, Celik, Stella, Bedoya and McKay!

I'd say genuinely that the only really poor player there is Ortiz, who I thought was a panic buy and should never have been signed.

The rest were all young when we got them, and young players don't always work out. Stella hasn't made it. Celik was a regular in the Swedish under 21s when we signed him but his career hasn't really hit the heights since. Those players hardly cost us anything. Bedoya has gone on to have >30 US caps, and McKay >50 caps for Australia, both playing the World Cup so they are not bad players. If anything, they suffered from our appalling coaching at that time and constantly being played out of position. I think McKay was really homesick too as I recall.

With our current coaching set up i'd be delighted if MW brought in under 21 regulars like that to coach and develop. I would never again want us to start panic buying or wasting wage money on players like Ortiz/Emerson/Capucho etc.....

I don't understand the reasoning, I think it's pretty clear players last year were under performing, they were under prepared, disorganised, unfit, played out of position and not dropped regardless of form. I have no doubt our better players who either weren't seen for months, or their enjoyment and determination to win was slowly chipped away by our lack of structure, effected the team.

Shiels, templeton, law, Wallace and too a lesser extent miller, all of whom would have got into most spl teams and every championship team IMO.

I'm not discrediting hibs or hearts by the way, they assembled a cracking young team and deserved to finish above us, but they did that by being professional, having the right systems to suit the players they had, and everyone buying into the managers ethos... We didn't have an ethos to buy into.

Providing Warburton has seen what templeton is capable of, what shiels is capable of, Law, McKay, Law, sinnamon, Murdoch, Gallagher etc... We really don't need that many attacking players.

I do think he'll look to bring in a striker and a attacking mid however, but if he doesn't it's not the end of the world. We're in better shape than we've been in ages, purely because we have a system and players can go out and perform.