What If We Sign No One?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definetely need strikers. Millers just about done, Clark couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo, and Hardies too young to pin all of our goalscoring hopes on.

We also need a right back. McGregors not natural in that position. Sinnamon will most probably be snapped up by Man City once they tie up the Sterling deal.

If warburton decides that the current squad is good enough(Which he won't) What Would that have to do with king/ the board?

It would everything to do with King as it would appear he is not backing him or us financially in the way ,he promised he would do

It would everything to do with King as it would appear he is not backing him or us financially in the way ,he promised he would do

How do you come to that conclusion - if "Warburton decides" that means the manager decides (not king) that he doesn't want to bring anyone in - how can you turn that into "king isn't backing him", are you saying that king should be making additons to the squad just to show that he can spend some money no matter what the manager says?!

I posted this on a similar thread.

Footballers are thick in general and 99% of the time need telling exactly what to do. These guys have most likely had the worst coaching and tactics in their careers over the past 3 seasons at Rangers under the McCoist regime. I think they will all be totally different when truly fit and properly coached. We will be shocked at the change. Who says the players were not as frustrated with McCoists methods as we were?

We have a first team squad of 20 at the minute without promoting anyone from the youth set up and 3 or 4 players on trial so I'd only expect one more if the trialists work out. Warburton has stated he doesn't like a big squad and I agree with him, its pointless and costly having guys in there who never play throughout the season, with the exception of the sub goalie.

We also have a lot of young potential in Murdoch, Hardie, Walsh, Gallager, Gasparro and Sinnamon to name a few, add to that Templeton who was far too good a player to regress for no reason. I have left young McKay out because he did not shine under other coaches at Raith but the rest can all be first team squad members and a few could be first team regulars.

I hope that if they are good enough Warburton will play them, I'm sick hearing the he is young we have to look after him pish that gets spouted in Scotland, especially at our Club. Good players can play at any age, before we have stifled them leaving them in the reserves until they get fed up waiting and they move on. Over the last 25 years we have let some talent go which is stupid and costly. All it needs is a Coach/Manager with the balls to play them and I hope Warburton has the balls.

I posted this on a similar thread.

Footballers are thick in general and 99% of the time need telling exactly what to do. These guys have most likely had the worst coaching and tactics in their careers over the past 3 seasons at Rangers under the McCoist regime. I think they will all be totally different when truly fit and properly coached. We will be shocked at the change. Who says the players were not as frustrated with McCoists methods as we were?

We have a first team squad of 20 at the minute without promoting anyone from the youth set up and 3 or 4 players on trial so I'd only expect one more if the trialists work out. Warburton has stated he doesn't like a big squad and I agree with him, its pointless and costly having guys in there who never play throughout the season, with the exception of the sub goalie.

We also have a lot of young potential in Murdoch, Hardie, Walsh, Gallager, Gasparro and Sinnamon to name a few, add to that Templeton who was far too good a player to regress for no reason. I have left young McKay out because he did not shine under other coaches at Raith but the rest can all be first team squad members and a few could be first team regulars.

I hope that if they are good enough Warburton will play them, I'm sick hearing the he is young we have to look after him pish that gets spouted in Scotland, especially at our Club. Good players can play at any age, before we have stifled them leaving them in the reserves until they get fed up waiting and they move on. Over the last 25 years we have let some talent go which is stupid and costly. All it needs is a Coach/Manager with the balls to play them and I hope Warburton has the balls.

I agree with a lot oc what you say there.

But I also feel that in a transitional year such as this it makes the gamble bigger in terms of competing against an experienced, settled and improved Hivees team.

You can't guarantee promotion but think this would make it advantage them certainly this season.

The balance between this wonderful youthful long term strategy aligned with the short term absolute necessity to get promoted is a bloody hard one.

The fact that we have to trial players tells me there is no money and they won't be good enough for the SPFL.

The fact that we are taking a long hard look at players and their attitudes before handing them thousands a week upsets you? Even after the money wasted over the last 3 and a half years? Do you honestly think Warburton is so desperate for work that he takes a job without agreeing finance levels before he takes it, its the first question any Manager asks, never mind one who made millions on the stock market and does'nt even need to work.

King can only supply cash when its required, not to please the needy fans who know nothing but the Murray years and its aftermath, without leaning lessons from the latter. Besides even without transfer fees he and his colleagues will have to invest millions to get us through the season on top of the £3m for the last 3 months of last season, even if we get 40,000 season tickets away we will still be a couple of million short.

I agree with a lot oc what you say there.

But I also feel that in a transitional year such as this it makes the gamble bigger in terms of competing against an experienced, settled and improved Hivees team.

You can't guarantee promotion but think this would make it advantage them certainly this season.

The balance between this wonderful youthful long term strategy aligned with the short term absolute necessity to get promoted is a bloody hard one.

Hearts cruised a harder version of this League last year without any big money signings and the HIV mob were no better than us last year, the worst Rangers team in history. For Gods sake we were on the same level as Queen of the South and Falkirk, I think Warburton would win it with last years squad never mind his own. Remember we are talking about a League that wouldn't make the top 50 Leagues in the world, maybe not even the top 100. That's why I don't see the fascination with Scott Allan or any other HIVs players, he failed miserably in England, we are signing successful players from there for nothing, even £500,000 for him in the last year of his contract is madness, that's us giving the HIV mob £10,000 for every week they had him.

Hearts cruised a harder version of this League last year without any big money signings and the HIV mob were no better than us last year, the worst Rangers team in history. For Gods sake we were on the same level as Queen of the South and Falkirk, I think Warburton would win it with last years squad never mind his own. Remember we are talking about a League that wouldn't make the top 50 Leagues in the world, maybe not even the top 100. That's why I don't see the fascination with Scott Allan or any other HIVs players, he failed miserably in England, we are signing successful players from there for nothing, even £500,000 for him in the last year of his contract is madness, that's us giving the HIV mob £10,000 for every week they had him.

Hertz had an experienced spine. They had also by and large had half a season together before they got relegated.

Hivees imo were better than us last season. Played the best football I saw but lacked a cutting edge. They have signed forwards now I believe. They were also slow starters last season, in their transitional season.

To suggest MW would have won the league last season illustrates to me folk see him as some sort of miracle worker. He is not.

Imo folk are underestimating Hivees as they did with Hertz. And underestimating the enormity of what he has to do, in his first season too, with a youthful squad and only 3 players of his own.

I would have liked to see at least one or two of the following players been targeted\signed:

Allen (would be my main priority)

Vuckic

Macleod

Cifci

May

None of the above would have cost more that 1-1.5 mil. Additionally they are all in their early 20's or younger, so there would have been a great chance to sell them on for a substantial profit in a couple of years time.

Hertz had an experienced spine. They had also by and large had half a season together before they got relegated.

Hivees imo were better than us last season. Played the best football I saw but lacked a cutting edge. They have signed forwards now I believe. They were also slow starters last season, in their transitional season.

To suggest MW would have won the league last season illustrates to me folk see him as some sort of miracle worker. He is not.

Imo folk are underestimating Hivees as they did with Hertz. And underestimating the enormity of what he has to do, in his first season too, with a youthful squad and only 3 players of his own.

The League we are in is shite and we should be embarrassed about last season and also should be if we don't win it at a canter, we have at least 3 or 4 times the budget that HIVs have, all we need is value for money. As for Hearts having an experienced spine and six months together, we had a more experienced spine and two seasons together last season. Its all about fitness, coaching and attitude. Warburton would win this seasons Championship with last years squad, and would have won last years with it too. If its as bad as you say we are truly a Scottish Championship Club who need luck in running to win this League, I don't think so for a minute.

Was Robbie Neilson a miracle worker, or just a decent coach?

I would have liked to see at least one or two of the following players been targeted\signed:

Allen (would be my main priority)

Vuckic

Macleod

Cifci

May

None of the above would have cost more that 1-1.5 mil. Additionally they are all in their early 20's or younger, so there would have been a great chance to sell them on for a substantial profit in a couple of years time.

Well Ciftci has just went to them for £1.5m so that blows your figures out of the water. I agree with the shortlist though.

The League we are in is shite and we should be embarrassed about last season and also should be if we don't win it at a canter, we have at least 3 or 4 times the budget that HIVs have, all we need is value for money. As for Hearts having an experienced spine and six months together, we had a more experienced spine and two seasons together last season. Its all about fitness, coaching and attitude. Warburton would win this seasons Championship with last years squad, and would have won last years with it too. If its as bad as you say we are truly a Scottish Championship Club who need luck in running to win this League, I don't think so for a minute.

Was Robbie Neilson a miracle worker, or just a decent coach?

We truly are a Championship club! Hopefully MW can change that but now for you everyone else in there is shite and we should be confident of winning it at a canter.

The overhaul is huge, it's not just a click of fingers by a very good coach.

Robbie Neilson is a good coach who did pretty much everything right. In the end Hivees were his competition not us. Hivees are now stronger and more settled. But despite the enormous changes at Ibrox, the transitional period, the fact MW is an unknown quantity in Scottish football, and that we have only signed 3 players.......................... we just write them off?

Not for me.

This won't happen.

I believe we need at least 5 more quality first team players. Seems clear we won't leak as many goals as last season and I'm pleased with the signings so far, but we desperately needed some creativity last year as well as someone with goal scoring ability capable of producing regularly. This hasn't changed as of yet.

Not panicking though, trust Warburton and believe we'll be in good shape come the start of the season.

I'm sure we'll see some loan signings after the Burnley and Spurs games. MW is on good terms with Dyche and Poccetino(sp?) and he's used Spurs loanees while at Brentford. Like some of the others on here I'm confident that MW and DW will be able to bring out far better performances from those we have retained from previous seasons and if not they will be out on their arses from Ibrox in jig time.

We have all ranted for years about the need for a complete overhall of the footballing side of the Club. Now it is underway. But the benefits will be long term.

Weir and Warburton have both said it is quality and not quantity they are looking for. I agree with giving players a trial period before deciding whether or not to make an offer. I further agree that an in depth look at the current squad is required. It is called management.

Warburton is financially astute and will not waste money giving 'Ally type players' 'Ally type contracts'. If he feels he has to spend to make sure we win the league this season then King has assured him that the funds will be made available.

I cannot understand people whining before a ball has been kicked.

We have all ranted for years about the need for a complete overhall of the footballing side of the Club. Now it is underway. But the benefits will be long term.

Weir and Warburton have both said it is quality and not quantity they are looking for. I agree with giving players a trial period before deciding whether or not to make an offer. I further agree that an in depth look at the current squad is required. It is called management.

Warburton is financially astute and will not waste money giving 'Ally type players' 'Ally type contracts'. If he feels he has to spend to make sure we win the league this season then King has assured him that the funds will be made available.

I cannot understand people whining before a ball has been kicked.

So on a simple yes or no basis. ...

Are you convinced the squad we have right now will get us promoted this season?