Barry Ferguson

In your opinion, just how good was he? For me I think he was one the best in Europe for a good 5 years. Never looked out of place up against the best we played in Europe. Dominated games more often than not, was a superb leader.

He even managed to add goals to his game which pushed him on another level again. Grew up watching him in his prime and for me one of our greatest captains. Many people don't rate him as highly, especially on here in the past which I've never understood.

Was gutted when he left for England and especially for a team like Blackburn. If it wasn't for his injuries I've no doubt he would have ended up at Arsenal, Man Utd etc... Superb player.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourite Rangers players growing up,gutted when he left for Blackburn. He should've been one of those players that never left the club but can't really blame him for wanting to try it out down south.

15 trophies won and a European final appearance speak for themselves.

_45792900_gers_celeb_766_03_sns.jpg

Ned and embarrassment

Sorry to burst yer bubble but there it is

Embarrassment how!? He might have been a ned when he was younger but surely deserves credit for turning into a leader of our most talented team in decades? And I'd argue that 'ned' mentality gave him the edge to his game he needed to mix it with the best in Europe!?

One of my favourite Rangers players growing up,gutted when he left for Blackburn. He should've been one of those players that never left the club but can't really blame him for wanting to try it out down south.

15 trophies won and a European final appearance speak for themselves.

_45792900_gers_celeb_766_03_sns.jpg

One of my favourite pictures. Always laugh at seeing that wee banker cunt with his daft glasses and teeth :lol:

pre-Blackburn, one of the best in Europe. Post-Blackburn, not the same player in an attacking sense but took too much responsibility on the park.

All in all the guy bleeds red white and blue. One of us is a term used too much these days, but he is that.

Oh Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Barry Ferguson.people that don't rate one of our greatest captains just shows how hard it is to play for rangers,he's probably a bigger billy boy than the majority on here and played and captained us to league titles,some folk on here are a complete embarrassment, either that or bead rattlers

Definitely up there. Shone against players like Mendieta, Frings, Scholl, Tarnat, Van Bommel, Riquelme, Moutinho etc...

No he wasn't.

He was one of the best British midfielder for a few season but don't be daft about the best in Europe.

Mendieta, Gerrard, Lampard, Alonso, Scholes, Pirlo, Zidane, Makalele, Ballack plus a good few more all far superior players than Barry ever was.

The uber stuff aside you simply can't deny that unless you have no clue about football.

Why not one of the greats in your opinion mate?

If he had stayed when he was playing his best football instead of moving to Blackburn then maybe he could have become a Rangers great.

Also when he came back all the stuff with Le Guen put me off him a bit and then a bit like Gerard at Liverpool he started playing in a position where he could prolong his career rather than playing a bit further forward and giving more to the team than he could have gave in his second spell.

As I said a good Rangers player but not one of the greats.

If he had stayed when he was playing his best football instead of moving to Blackburn then maybe he could have become a Rangers great.

Also when he came back all the stuff with Le Guen put me off him a bit and then a bit like Gerard at Liverpool he started playing in a position where he could prolong his career rather than playing a bit further forward and giving more to the team than he could have gave in his second spell.

As I said a good Rangers player but not one of the greats.

Fair enough mate ?

I've Watched the gers for 45 years now and when Ferguson was at his best he was outstanding, watched him in Europe many a time and some of the so called superstars couldn't touch him, some of the goals he scored against the scum were brilliant like the free kick against the scum in a cup final, he hated slackers and you could see him getting angry with players if he felt they weren't pulling their weight , for so called Rangers fans to decry him with wank, ned etc have a fuckin word with yourselves,

In your opinion, just how good was he? For me I think he was one the best in Europe for a good 5 years. Never looked out of place up against the best we played in Europe. Dominated games more often than not, was a superb leader.

He even managed to add goals to his game which pushed him on another level again. Grew up watching him in his prime and for me one of our greatest captains. Many people don't rate him as highly, especially on here in the past which I've never understood.

Was gutted when he left for England and especially for a team like Blackburn. If it wasn't for his injuries I've no doubt he would have ended up at Arsenal, Man Utd etc... Superb player.

At times he was the best in Scotland but sadly he wasn't the best in the UK nevermind Europe.

Take the blue shades off as sadly he wasn't in the same class as Scholes, Keane, Gerrard, Lampard or Viera.