Signings - Stop Being Worried.

WATBB

Why are so many people getting worked up at the "lack" of signings. We've signed 3 players, and have another two (at least) on trial, one of which (Halliday) is apparently a certainty to sign after performing well in the Spurs vs Rangers closed door friendly.

It's also only the 12th of July (Wahey! Nae Surrender!) The transfer window doesn't close until August, and our first game isn't until the 21st of July; We've got time between now and the Hibs game to strengthen even further, and then we've got more time after that, until the Window finally slams shut.

May I add; That even with only 3 signings - Under Mark Warburton's Management, Rangers managed to score two goals and only lost 3-2 against a first team & u21 select Spurs side, which although it's only a pre-season friendly, I reckon a Spurs Select of u21's & First team players would smash every single team in the Scottish Championship, and probably the Scottish Premiership.

Warburton will get the players we already had performing, he's still got time to strengthen the squad, he's building from the back guys, so once he's got the midfielders he wants in, now that the defence is pretty much sorted (apart from a RB) he'll start looking at strikers.

So many people flapping, you'd think Warburton doesn't have a clue, and that every arm chair supporter, is a more well established manager.

Not worried, defensive type players are easier to bring as creative and free scoring players will always be in high demand and be harder to find.

I'd expect us to be waiting until squads are settled down south before going for some loan deals, theres no real value in buying a striker suitable for our needs and our pockets just now, we'll need better next season anyway.

Thought it was the under 17s we played, forgive me if I am wrong. We need at least one decent striker for the hivs game, hopefully may will be that man!

It fills me with dread to think that Clark and Miller could be leading the line for that one.

Spurs Development Squad according to their website.

A blogger reckons two of them actually played for us, with a view to loans.

Edit: Harry Winks & Ryan Fredericks.

Why are so many people getting worked up at the "lack" of signings. We've signed 3 players, and have another two (at least) on trial, one of which (Halliday) is apparently a certainty to sign after performing well in the Spurs vs Rangers closed door friendly.

It's also only the 12th of July (Wahey! Nae Surrender!) The transfer window doesn't close until August, and our first game isn't until the 21st of July; We've got time between now and the Hibs game to strengthen even further, and then we've got more time after that, until the Window finally slams shut.

Warburton will get the players we already had performing, he's still got time to strengthen the squad, he's building from the back guys, so once he's got the midfielders he wants in, now that the defence is pretty much sorted (apart from a RB) he'll start looking at strikers.

So many people flapping, you'd think Warburton doesn't have a clue, and that every arm chair supporter, is a more well established manager.

You will get yourself in trouble for being so positive, I fully agree with you, have faith in the new manager and if he needs to spend cash im sure he will but until this time let him be to do his job.

Aye Livi rejects are the way to go.

Champions league here we come.

Who is the Livi reject we have signed?

I assume you (in your usual negative way) mean Halliday?

Did he not earn a move south due to his performances for Livi?

Hardly the stuff rejects are made of.

Who is the Livi reject we have signed?

I assume you (in your usual negative way) mean Halliday?

Did he not earn a move south due to his performances for Livi?

Hardly the stuff rejects are made of.

Some people just like a moan - it's a mindset thing.

The lad Halliday won't be a guaranteed success but who is?

I thought law, Sheils, Boyd, Miller, templeton etc would have been more than enough for us. I'm liking this fresh approach. It's exciting and I think we'll see a much higher tempo game.

GM

Some people just like a moan - it's a mindset thing.

The lad Halliday won't be a guaranteed success but who is?

I thought law, Sheils, Boyd, Miller, templeton etc would have been more than enough for us. I'm liking this fresh approach. It's exciting and I think we'll see a much higher tempo game.

GM

Exactly. (tu)

No signing is guaranteed to turn out good. But for the guy to be called a "Livi reject" is just making shit up to have a moan.

Aye Livi rejects are the way to go.

Champions league here we come.

"Livi reject" - Andy Halliday? The guy who earned himself a move down south to the English Leagues, and was part of a League one team (Bradford City) that surpassed all expectations and done extremely well in the FA Cup? Aye fuck that guy.

Livi reject, pfft. We don't want none ae that!

We still have enough in the squad to win the league with relative ease imo.

We were shit last year with the worst manager ever, yet still got to the final of the play-offs having seen off our divisional play off rivals Hibs and QOS, and the thought of playing St Mirren does not seem to much of a threat. Falkirk probably peaked last year and the best team in the league are now in the Premier.

I even expect us to do much better against our new bogey team, Alloa ( :rolleyes: ).

So all in all we should be very confident with a new able and positive manager in charge,and should easily have enough resources with the couple of players signed, a potential fews others, and a few loanees, and get out of this division fairly easily.

Real test is preparing a squad for the Premier challenge in the following season, and with two transfer windows to come before then, I feel Warburton will be looking to get the squad settled in to a positive playing system for now, getting the right spirit and then pulling in the real class in those two windows, rather than now.

No worries from me.

Hopefully the Board will be professional enough to match the forward thinking and provide a bit of cash to bring in real class in the next two transfer windows.