Rangers Dad's

If you have the bug they will get it. No doubt about it. The only time you should worry about passing the bug on is if you are a miserable moaning bassa when it comes to how you support the Gers or if you call players cunts or if you dodge the odd game as a boycott or to go shopping. Your kid will pick up on this and you will loose them. Simples.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha don't dare. I didn't know there was less of a chance than zero chance. Jokes are meant to be funny not give me the fear. My girls wouldn't do that to me I'm a good da. They think c****c are bad and their fans don't change clothes. Which is pretty accurate when u see them walking about in green and grey for days on end.

My Mrs went to the footy with her dad at the age of 9ish. She's been a season ticket holder ever since. Plan to take the niece at some point soon too. If she likes it great, if not, so be it. Girls can get the bug too!

Be different if and when it's my wains, right enough. Modern day press ganging if necessary. :pipe:

I first took my son to Ibrox when he was five, he got so bored he started counting the crowd :D

He's more interested in watching the Premiership and La Liga these days but deep down he's a Bear, like me and all my family going back generations. One of my proudest moments was when the two of us set of for Manchester in the Blue Tsunami.

Never tried to encourage my daughter to be interested in football, but I remember getting a pleasant surprise when she was young, when I noticed she had put a poster of Barry Ferguson up on her bedroom wall.

Reading the thread about 'family members that don't care for Rangers (football)'

Got me thinking about the dad's how do you cope when your kids aren't interested? And if they are interested how did you do it?

My son is 5 months old and it just doesn't bare thinking about if he doesn't get the bug for it. My dad wasn't around to take me to games so it's always been my dream to have a son and show him the way.

Took my kid to a pre season friendly first, he got board in the second half. Think he was 3 at the time. Then we went to a few games each year then by primary 7 we got a ST and still do, in fact now in 4 year at school and he's just asked me if I'm getting tickets for the Peterhead game.

With my kids growing up in Canada the interest in football is not the same as it would have been in Scotland. Alasdair when it comes to football yes Rangers are first. He has no time for any of the religious stuff however (at 26 he is a confirmed atheist. My Daughter is special needs (Down Syndrome) but is a total Rangers lover. Obviously was not able to take them to Ibrox like my father did with myself and younger brother. But they went to the Rangers Supporters Club in Whitby Ontario with me everytime there was a Rangers game on. Not sure originally if it was for the football, to be with dad or the Irn Bru and rolls and square sausage, but it was important to share that time with them. They are both proud of their Scots and Rangers heritage. for as they will both tell you We Are The People.

Got 2 girls mate call me old fashioned or even sexist but I prefer them not to be interested. They have a soft spot for the gers right enough and think c****c are bad and know if they want they can come support Rangers. I couldn't have my girls seeing and hearing me at the games

Why would you prefer that they are not interested?

I want everyone to know how great Rangers are, I couldn't deny the club of two more supporters

I want everyone to know how great Rangers are, I couldn't deny the club of two more supporters

I hate to say it, but I think the tims are better at this. Just through anecdotal evidence, they seem better at making sure their timmy females are brought into the fold.

It's 50% of the population ffs. Rangers needs that support.

Why wait? My boy has had his ST from the womb. The day we got told he was to be a boy at the scan will never leave me straight from the scan to Ibrox first kit bought and ST. Been taking him from about 6months he loves it just turned 2 and runs about kicking a ball shouting Rangers does the bouncy and dambusters.. Recognises the badge and cheers at goals. Being a Rangers dad and a Rangers son, a Rangers nephew and a Rangers uncle I would say it's never too early if the kid shows an interest and enjoys it there is not many things that can bring as much pride and happiness as sharing the love of something with your kid/dad/family.

Hats off to you sir ?

My Mrs went to the footy with her dad at the age of 9ish. She's been a season ticket holder ever since. Plan to take the niece at some point soon too. If she likes it great, if not, so be it. Girls can get the bug too!

Be different if and when it's my wains, right enough. Modern day press ganging if necessary. :pipe:

Don't get me wrong mate my sister and cousins all go to games and there's always a good few lassies on the bus going to away games but with my own girls I just want to keep them girly and innocent. They are still young and the younger 1 will probably catch the bug as she likes to do the bouncy with her brother and kick the ball around a bit. They both know it's a Rangers family and will sometimes say they support Rangers but I've not encouraged it. I'm lucky enough to have a son and nephews though I think I would be different if I never.

Don't get me wrong mate my sister and cousins all go to games and there's always a good few lassies on the bus going to away games but with my own girls I just want to keep them girly and innocent. They are still young and the younger 1 will probably catch the bug as she likes to do the bouncy with her brother and kick the ball around a bit. They both know it's a Rangers family and will sometimes say they support Rangers but I've not encouraged it. I'm lucky enough to have a son and nephews though I think I would be different if I never.

You sayin my Mrs isn't girly and innocent, squire!? :ohmy::mad:

The greater good, mate! The mighty Rangers needs all of it's people, male and female! ;)

As they say I think you are born a Bear but take your kid to the games as soon as the wife lets you.. I first took my son aged 3 proudest day of my life .....by the time he ate a burger packet of crisps and a cola and seen broxi he was ready for home !! Thank fully the guys around me had patience and put up with his moaning , I bought his first season ticket aged 5and we have both been going to the games every week together since he still sits next to me and hes now 27 .

Don't worry they know how great Rangers are. I've got a few reasons 1 being the hatred I have and show towards other teams I'm not of the new age let's all be friends when it comes to football. My girls aren't ready to see me like that. And another is probably down to seeing that other lot and all their mhanky manly females fans done up like they are goin out for a night with a green and grey top on and rebel flags. I suppose their lack of class isn't gender specific but when I see them I Just think they are hate filled wee tramps. That could just be me and my hatred towards timmy that forms that opinion though.

Does anyone sing songs to their weans?

Without a word of a lie the best way to calm my wee guy down when he's hyper at night is to lie him flat on my chest and sing every other saturday in his ear quietly, except I change the words. Change me and we wee pal joe, to me and my wee boy Carson. Change we love to see the lassies wae there blue scarves on to we love to see your mammy with her blue scarf on, we love to hear your daddy roar, but I dont have to tell you that the best of all, we love to see wee Carson score. :lol:

He sometimes joins in with the me oh me oh my bit, but it's amazing he he goes from hyper to quiet singing that.

You sayin my Mrs isn't girly and innocent, squire!? :ohmy::mad:

The greater good, mate! The mighty Rangers needs all of it's people, male and female! ;)

I'm pretty sure ur Mrs isn't of primary school age. Don't worry I won't be discouraging them if they do take an interest. I will be a proud dad and it will confirm it really is in the blood.

Without a word of a lie the best way to calm my wee guy down when he's hyper at night is to lie him flat on my chest and sing every other saturday in his ear quietly, except I change the words. Change me and we wee pal joe, to me and my wee boy Carson. Change we love to see the lassies wae there blue scarves on to we love to see your mammy with her blue scarf on, we love to hear your daddy roar, but I dont have to tell you that the best of all, we love to see wee Carson score. :lol:

He sometimes joins in with the me oh me oh my bit, but it's amazing he he goes from hyper to quiet singing that.

Have sung my 1 year old daughter the Sash and Penny Arcade to calm her down since she was a newborn. Missus, who's an Aussie, hates it! The Sash is probably not the best tune to be teaching her but her name is Penny so I figure Penny Arcade is fitting!

Everyday mate I do the same with putting the wains name in too.. Like with the old Jean Claude darcheville na Na na na na I will sing the wains name and the blue order/union bears oh super Rangers I do a verse of oh super Rangers then a verse with his name. The bouncy is must for all wee yins ?

I took my kid to his 1st game when he was 4 and just made it to half time then we left. Personally I wasn't bothered as it was a Dartford v someone game (always been brought up to support tour local team) as he was born in Dartford.

His 1st Rangers game was when he was 7 and a half (perks of being posted to Cyprus for 2 years) lasted the game but wasn't and hasn't been interested in football or sports at all. His 2nd match was to see me walk out at half time on the 10/11/12 and crack the bouncy out in front of almost 50k fans. He liked that and joined in but not the football.

It is quite awkward because taking your son to the fitbaw is one of those things that a father does and football plays a big part in my life as I also play Sunday league from Apr-Sep/Oct. Although I am trying to get him into golf.

Do it all the time mate my boys favourite is Wolverhampton Town at bed time time.

I bought my first st at 13 (anyone remember the 'rover' where you could move around ibrox?) with money I saved up from my paper round. Happy days. My old man was a third Lanark fan but with gentle persuasion bought a premier club ticket when Souness arrived for him, me and my brother - we had seats in the govan rear for over 20 years. Life changed - work, travel, marriage and we let the seats go. Now at 43 I got 3 boys, 8, 5 & 2 and is important to me they grow up with exposure to a successful Rangers team playing high quality football, but who also understand the clubs Protestant ethos and traditional values. So obviously the last few seasons have not been the kids best introduction to our club ......

But I'm morphing onto my parents! Like me, my boys now attend ibrox, BB, and Sunday School regularly. Once 16 they can choose their own way (as in other aspects of life). 8 yo is hooked on gers already, and i'm certain his brothers will follow. Family section has been great for encouraging me and my pals back along to ibrox with our kids.

It's a sad state of affairs that in Scotland 2015 I somehow feel being a 'Bluenose', and allowing my kids to wear Gers strips to Saturday morning football, is something i need to defend, or justify. Am I really so 'off message'? Well tbh that's other folks problem - 'no one likes us, we don't care!' as far as I'm concerned.

Not one iota of bigotry within the boys (although dad has to admit he hates the bheasts, enjoys singing all traditional Rangers songs and accidentally, of course, happens upon orange parades every now and again) - just a sense of pride in our identity and football team. And it's only going to grow over the next few years as the team once again matches supporter aspirations. WATP.

It's a sad state of affairs that in Scotland 2015 I somehow feel being a 'Bluenose', and allowing my kids to wear Gers strips to Saturday morning football, is something i need to defend, or justify. Am I really so 'off message'? Well tbh that's other folks problem - 'no one likes us, we don't care!' as far as I'm concerned.

It's a sad indictment of where we are in this supposed modern society. I've had abuse hurled at me for wearing our colours with pride but if the shoe was on the other foot? I'd probably end up in a cell.