Andy Murdoch

Liam_RFC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's football that's to be played, and on the ground, then being tall makes no difference, AM has an eye for a pass and for goal, he has a strong engine also, but does need to beef up a bit (bit of gym work will sort that out plus diet), and has to either get his positional senses honed (that's where DW comes in) so that heavy tackles are minimal, or up his speed to intercept quicker and turn play around to our benefit.

If all the indications are correct concerning MW's approach to youth, all the above will be in the pipeline already, and can only benefit Andy and others, as well as the team as a whole.

I personally don't think it's all about who's a better player, but more like what type of player can W&W produce overall from the young raw talent we already have at our disposal, and use it to our benefit and being clever and using that talent when required.

Horses for courses and all that, so that we have a full squad that can step up and play and cover most situations without to much disruption to the style of play.

Also going by his previous methods, all players who are good enough will get a chance to shine, but will not be allowed to think they are an automatic choice, cutting out egos, but building up team spirit.

:uk:

Maybe not right now but in the next season or two every player in every position must be analysed by his direct opposite in the Mhanks team. That's the benchmark. For example, if it's apparent that boyata is much better than kiernan then we have to get a better centre half in. A lot of this will be down to how Warburton and Weir improve these players in the next year or two

That all said any Rangers team should be going into a game against them with players at the very least as good as his opposing mhank.

Maybe not right now but in the next season or two every player in every position must be analysed by his direct opposite in the Mhanks team. That's the benchmark. For example, if it's apparent that boyata is much better than kiernan then we have to get a better centre half in. A lot of this will be down to how Warburton and Weir improve these players in the next year or two

That all said any Rangers team should be going into a game against them with players at the very least as good as his opposing mhank.

Agree with this 100%

Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team. Far too small and lightweight for Scottish football sadly.

With all due respects; you are either at it or know fuck all about football,Muiry. He might be a bit lightweight at the moment (I don't know his weight) but he is only 20 yrs of age and will fill out with the proper training and natural age progression.

Going by your reasoning virtually all our midfield candidates for selection are too small for Scottish football and considering that Lewis MacLeod and AM are identical height, I assume Lewis should never have played for us either.

I have seen a lot of people talking about possible positions for next season and nearly everyone doesn't have him in there starting line up.

I personally would have him before eustace or holt. ??

What does it matter anyway? It is a squad game and it's rare for even 2 consecutive starting 11's to be the same so fuck knows why people worry about strongest starting 11's and that.

I like Andy a lot but he will have to fight for his place. He starts same as everyone else having to prove himself all over again to a new manager.

For the record, think John Eustace would be an excellent signing. He was superb during his time at Derby County.

Where does all the praise come from..? I don't remember him standing out playing against mediocre opposition.

That's because he's not the type of player who is designed to stand out in matches. He's a defensive midfielder and he does his job fantastically for such a young player

Wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team. Far too small and lightweight for Scottish football sadly.

He's a couple of inches taller that McCall was and I think he could be a wee bit like him....cover every blade of grass, be where you need him the most...like to see him in that role, personally....give him time!!

Never Forget Never Forgive

Don't bother mate. He still won't understand.

How much football have you played ? I've played at a decent level for 12 years now. I have a deep understanding of the game and don't respect the condescending tone used here. I am sick of people on this forum in complete denial thinking players have potential when they don't. Murdoch was thrown in last year as a roll of the dice when things were down. He is not good enough to feature now we are getting back to our feet. Watch this space.

How much football have you played ? I've played at a decent level for 12 years now. I have a deep understanding of the game and don't respect the condescending tone used here. I am sick of people on this forum in complete denial thinking players have potential when they don't. Murdoch was thrown in last year as a roll of the dice when things were down. He is not good enough to feature now we are getting back to our feet. Watch this space.

Totally agree have said befor and will say again he will end up at faith or Dumbarton or summin