*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

Was good to see us hit quick when we got the ball. No rigidness or dilly dallying and mainly forward passes, players looking for space and the best part is the players looked as though they could give another half hour out there. They may have felt otherwise but they definitely weren't blowing out their arses. Warburtons making a lean mean blue machine

Taken from the Hibs forum........

Those boys know their stuff.

Who is Rangers 33?

Could be famous last words but he looks like he's been plucked from the Saturday morning churches league.

Possibly favourite for top goal scorer in the league they won't be leaving automatically...

Absolutely fuckin brilliant Rangers. If Carlsberg did weekends. Brian Wilson Concert on Friday Rangers pump the HIV's on Saturday all I need now is Hamilton to win in Hungary tomorrow.

Oh and my apologies for being so late in posting been driving around trying to find lemons to suck on to take the bluidy huge smile off my face, ah fuck it let it stay there.

I wasn't confient he'd be the GS we needed... but today he showed that you may be right. He'll improve too, which is scary.

Yeah I hope I'm right! I know he's capable, and I'm glad we are the club letting him show it in his natural position. Think he could link up really nicely with the midfielders and wingers in the squad.

According to stv there were 7 arrests. Must have been the driver of one of the buses that got done for allowing drinking on the bus! Don't know if it was us or hivs. But FFS doh

Sad days that people are being arrested for practically nothing

http://m.stv.tv/news/1325337-seven-men-arrested-at-hibernian-rangers-cup-clash-in-edinburgh/

According to stv there were 7 arrests. Must have been the driver of one of the buses that got done for allowing drinking on the bus! Don't know if it was us or hivs. But FFS D'oh

Sad days that people are being arrested for practically nothing

http://m.stv.tv/news/1325337-seven-men-arrested-at-hibernian-rangers-cup-clash-in-edinburgh/

There's more arrests at concerts at fucking Hampden.

Most drivers won't know there's alcohol on the bus either if you hide it well.

I'm assuming it's a Rangers bus or they would have ignored it.

Just watched the game, was working 9am-9pm so recorded and avoided the score and thank fuck I did.

First half an hour was not the best Halliday put it perfect in his post match, there first goal was shite defending and I'll not dwell on the second since it's still early.

On to the positives and there is many, first the style and tempo we played at, thought we were excellent at keeping the ball and played the game at a great pace. Danny Wilson and Keirnan grew as the game went on give them a bit of time and they'll be a great partnership IMO. James Travernier is already a huge step up from Foster last season, has pace, applied pressure against there midfield, got involved in as much as he could and the goal tops it off great strike, my MOTM. Halliday seemed solid and tidy on the ball, great goal from him as well. If we are going to be playing the same style of football all season I think Jason Holt will do very well in our team, seemed to love the ball to feet, done well to draw the foul for the free kick which led to the equaliser then showed great determination for Waghorn's first goal, McKay also showed at some glimpses why we have all rated him and were pissed off when he was shipped out on loan, done well to beat his man and put an excellent ball in for Millers goal. Martin Waghorn also impressed good strikers get in the spaces well and that's what he did for his first then a great run from an excellent ball from Wilson for his second. To top it all off Kenny Miller came on and got two which I was over joyed at as I felt towards the end of last season he was showing some real passion hope we get a good season out of him and as well as Clark, who's ball in for Miller's first was also excellent.

Really Proud of Rangers today feels like a while since I've said that !

Welcome to the Revolution Gents !!! :21:

I put a quid on Rangers winning the treble this year, more in jest than any real belief that we could do it, but if this type of form remains, we could get better, I'd feel more than confident of picking up 376 quid after the SC final. :thumbup:

Watching this again and its refreshing to see the players fighting for every ball and pressing Hibs on the edge of their own box.

yea hibs fans saying that there defence was rotten today etc but the reason it was so bad was the pressure we put them under forcing them into mistakes etc

2nd half was fucking dynamite. Nothing left to say on the footballing side, travelling bears singing to warburton at the end of the game was magical, the signs are looking good. Added bonus, few of my rebel friends bricking it after sending cheeky messages 15mins in (you know who you are "guests"). More seagulls in Easter Road than Hibs fans at final whistle. What a day!