Lee Wallace - New Captain

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should not be captain , far too quiet on the park btw never rated him as a player run meets a opposition player stops puts foot on ball and passes back or at best square , he seems to have lost a yard in pace . And as a DEFENDER well that's laughable. :angry:

Should not be captain , far too quiet on the park btw never rated him as a player run meets a opposition player stops puts foot on ball and passes back or at best square , he seems to have lost a yard in pace . And as a DEFENDER well that's laughable. :angry:

Pretty much nail on the head mate.

It's ridiculous how often he turns back or sideways when he can take a man on or run into space!!

That's not what he was about today at all. He was good and got beyond the defence several times. He played very well.

Maybe, just maybe MW is finding the old Lee Wallace.

Clean slate and that, eh?

Not too bothered about Wallace getting it if I'm honest.

I think some of the criticism he got last season was a bit unfair. When the whole team is playing poor, it's pretty difficult to have an influence on the game as a left back.

Hopefully Mark Warburton's attacking style of play means he can get forward alot more and get back to his best.

I think this is an indication that John Eustice will be the Skipper if he signs on with us, I'd imagine Warburton wouldn't want to give it to Danny Wilson then be seen as taking it right back off him so the safe option is to just give it to Lee then if/When Eustice signs he can become Captain with Wilson the Vice Captain

Thought Wallace was just like the last few seasons, uninterested, slow, couple of nice touches then vanishes.

No way he should be captain, based on tonights performance Halliday should be captain!

Eh? Did you miss the multiple times he got behind Burnley? He gave the Burnley fullback alot to think about.

He was motoring up and down the wing throughout.

Eh? Did you miss the multiple times he got behind Burnley? He gave the Burnley fullback alot to think about.

He was motoring up and down the wing throughout.

Thought he was average tonight. For a full back bombing down the wing he should be firing balls into the box all day long - but more often than not stops and plays it back or square. Not great really

Thought he was average tonight. For a full back bombing down the wing he should be firing balls into the box all day long - but more often than not stops and plays it back or square. Not great really

HE created at least as many chances as Cafu the night.

And by the way, Cafu stopped and played it back plenty as well, it's just that with Wallace people are more aware of it now. It's becoming a cliche.

Wallace was very good and very dangerous against a good quality fullback tonight. Remember as well, it wasn't Falkirk we were playing.

Would of been disgusted if we'd given anyone else in our current squad the captaincy over him, reckon I might of chucked it!

That being said, understandable if Eustace gets it.

Genuinely baffled by how some people are viewing Lee Wallace's performance tonight.

Ah, well, I was happy and that's the main thing. :)