Lee Wallace - New Captain

Would of been disgusted if we'd given anyone else in our current squad the captaincy over him, reckon I might of chucked it!

That being said, understandable if Eustace gets it.

Seriously you cant be that stupid, we need to move on, keep him as vice captain though.

I'd give it to Danny Wilson and say welcome back, thought he had a solid game tonight.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me Im afraid.

His loss of form means the armband only hampers him further.

Give it to someone else and let Wallace concentrate on his own game and see if he can get back to something approaching what he was 3 or so years ago, if not he can move on.

Wallace poor last night?

I must have been watching another game.

Put in a good performance for me, with the better players around him he looks so much better. He's assured on the ball and linked up very well especially in the first half hour or so with the likes of Holt, Templeton and Haliday.

doh

Kick in the baws for Wallace if a younger guy who spent a good chunk of his career at Liverpool reserves gets the captaincy after he's stuck with us.

Eustace would be more understandable.

All these people saying poor choice should have a word with themselves.

The management staff have seen all the players together for the past 2 and a half weeks so obviously Wallace has shown leadership qualities in that time or he would not have been appointed captain.

Ok, let's say captains didn't wear armbands and you weren't told who was captain. Do you think you'd be able to spot a captain on the pitch? They lead by example, they communicate, encourage players or berate them if they aren't up to scratch. Just thinking of recent years with the likes of weir and Ferguson. It would be clear they were captains. For me Wallace, much like mcculloch, would not be thought of as captain by many if they didnt have the armband on.

i don't think last nights captaincy means much to be honest, it's a friendly and I'd fully expect eustace to get the gig if he signs.

Also for those saying about Wilson spending most of his time in reserves he captained a team to a league win last year, Wallace has not been the same for the last 2-3 years.

If however, warburton decides to give it to Wallace then so be it, I'll not be thrilled with it but I won't be calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy.

Should not be captain , far too quiet on the park btw never rated him as a player run meets a opposition player stops puts foot on ball and passes back or at best square , he seems to have lost a yard in pace . And as a DEFENDER well that's laughable. :angry:

What utter pish

Warburton said this

He said: I am looking at the options. Ive been impressed by Lee, really delighted with him.

I didnt know him before I came here, but I cant praise him highly enough for the way he has applied himself, the way he has trained and the example he has set to the younger players.

His commitment in meetings is good, he always speaks up and gives his opinion.

Wallace isn't the most vocal of players but people were happy with Jig being our captain initially and he wasn't vocal either.

Towards the end of last season Wallace did seem to embrace it a bit more and I'm hoping now he's been made captain and is one of the only senior players who has been at the club a while he grows into it.